Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,519   Posts: 1,572,214   Online: 1013

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

FS: Buy this...and I'll guarantee you'll save money on...

electrolysis. Well, that is if you're one of us hirsute people. If you're a person who was blessed with less body hair, then the guarantee won't apply to you, but please don't let that stop you from buying this stuff. Christmas will be here before you know it, and I'm sure you'll agree this would make a really special stocking-stuffer. More about that guarantee later. What's for sale? Well this is a nice collection of:
    a) a genuine Zeiss Ikoblitz flash accessory. All complete and in nice condition. If you're still using flashbulbs, you may need this handy gizmo.
    b) a remote shutter release cable device...about 18 inches and in fine condition.
    c) a genuine 1950s/early 1960s braided rope style camera strap.

Now, for those of you paying attention, that rope style strap is where your savings are going to appear. Next time you shave or brush your teeth, twist your head to the right and look at that hair on the back of your neck. See it? Right there below your hairline and extending down toward your back. Well, use this strap (which was very popular in Germany and other parts of Europe 40 or 50 years ago), and you can say adios to most of that hair. Your new camera strap will grab it and yank it out by the roots. Pretty slick, eh? And buy this right now and I'll explain the second bonus: auto accident prevention! Yes. The length of this strap should leave your camera dangling just above your um, lap when you're driving, and this means that strap will be doing its magic then, too. Pretty hard to fall asleep while hairs are being jerked out of the back of your neck, you know. If I were you, I think I'd call my insurance agent and explain this to him. Hang that camera and this strap around your neck and strut into his office and show him. He might be able to negotiate a lower rate and premium for you once he knows what kind of a proactive person you are! So, if you want to continue your studley muffin no-ugly-hair-on-the-neck status, you don't need to spend any more money on electrolysis or messy and smelly products like NAIR, do you? Nope, and if you wear those special t-shirts that expose your chest and underarm hair, you might be able to extend the benefit of this terrific strap to other body areas. Suffice it to say I think your possibilities are limited only by your imagination (or mine...which evidently has very distant boundaries). Get it now...don't wait because I only have one. $5 plus actual cost of shipping.

PayPal ok for international, check/cash/money order for buyers in the USA please.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Contaflex stuff.JPG  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The Ikoblitz is a very cool flash. Weighs next to nothing... Slight mod will retrofit to accept a car remote battery. Love the way the PC cord winds around and fits into the knob that opens and closes the tilting reflector.

Shooter
    35mm
    That is a good idea, Bill. You know it just dawned on me that a crafty person (with clever ideas like the car remote battery) could use these Ikoblitz devices for Christmas tree ornaments. You know, open them up with a colored bulb in the center. Go ahead. Be a trailblazer here. Buy the Ikoblitz! Or wait...wait just a minute. There has long been confusion about the words to the New Orleans song "Iko, Iko", and even the fellow who wrote it has admitted he isn't exactly sure what verses like "Jock-a-mo fee-na-ne" mean. I bet the word Ikoblitz entered into his subconscious mind as he composed those unforgettable lines..."talkin' bout hey now...hey now...iko iko un day."

And before we wander away from nonsense words, have any of you seen the new Jack In The Box ad? The one where Jack and a beautiful woman are playing Scrabble? I have to say I'm a little surprised to see the woman create the word "nonookie" and imply that it means just what you are thinking it means.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Best one yet, Jon! Very funny indeed. I have one of these and it does all you say.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post

I have to say I'm a little surprised to see the woman create the word "nonookie" and imply that it means just what you are thinking it means.

Jon
    Nonookie of the North?
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Jon, that rope strap (snake chain, we used to call them) will do all you say it will. I once saw one attack a big guy's hairy arm, and he squealed like a frightened little kid!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    35mm
    Exactly and thanks for reminding me! Snake chain is the term, and one of these can indeed make even a guy like Bluto blubber like a baby.

If we have any masochists out there...you really need to buy this.

Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, here we are almost 9 months later and the ikoblitz, the snake chain and the remote shutter release cable are still here. Staring at me sadly as if to say "aren't we good enough?" "Are there no entrepreneurs in this audience?" What...I hear you murmuring...a chance to turn a profit on this transaction? You betcha. Actually with just a little bit of salesmanship you might be able to reap a profit of 400%! Maybe more, because there are 3 items you could re-sell here. How you wonder could I possibly do that? Well, just take a look at what at least 675 people have spent $19.95 for:

http://www.amazon.com/R-E-M-Spring-F...o+hair+remover

That's right. You heard it here first. A spring you use to rip hair out of your face (or wherever). And at least 675 people have bought one and actually used it! Can you imagine removing nose hairs using a spring? Man oh man. And they claim alcohol abuse is declining. Can you think of anything more painful? Ok, maybe if I tie you to a tree, coat one end of a rope with epoxy, stuff it up your nose until it sets and then tie the other end to a school bus bumper...THAT might be more painful, but at least it would be faster. Not to mention really fun to watch.

So, let's try again. $5 plus the actual cost of shipping.
    If questions, please ask. Otherwise I might show up at your house with a rope and some epoxy...
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok--I'll bite. I really only want the cable release, but I'll take the package deal. As for that acursed rope chain, well -- dont ask what will happen to it. Anyone want a free Ikoblitz?
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Goodman View Post
    If questions, please ask. Otherwise I might show up at your house with a rope and some epoxy...
    Do you charge travel expenses for this service ??

Got a couple of addresses lined up to send you to....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin