Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,417   Online: 709

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

FS: Enlarging lenses for several formats

Hey gang,

The clearout continues, and as I dig through the boxes of stuff acquired over the years, I've stumbled on a couple of gems:

First up, an El-Omegar lens. 75mm f/3.5 Nothing special, but in mint condition. Needs a 39mm ring. $25+shipping

Second, a nicer: a Schneider 80mm f/4 Componon-S. Perfect barrel, and the glass has just a hint of shelf dust from years of sitting. The average going rate (of items actually selling) on eBay for this lens is $90, so lets make it the same deal here. $90+shipping and its all yours.

Now, for the big guns, the ones you'll really want to read about:

First up, for the 5x7 crowd: a Kodak Enlarging Ektanon, 7.5" f/4.5, marked with the "L" for "lumenized" (Kodak's word for single-coating) Great shape all-around, with no concerns to report. No reason for this lens not to be a winner, as it comes from the golden age of Ektar lenses. Includes flange. $100 and a tad for shipping and it'll be on its way to you.

And the big gun, the rarity: a matching 10" Kodak Enlarging Ektanon, f/4.5. Also Lumenized, and in as good of shape as you're ever likely to find on a lens of this vintage. I can't find any of these for sale, so I've really got no idea as to the value of the thing. It also has its flange. I'm going to put this up for $175 and if someone thinks thats a steal, then great. If you want to make an offer that you feel is more appropriate, then go right on ahead.

As I do not own a digital camera, pictures will be available on request as I am able to borrow cameras from friends. Shipping is open to whatever method and final destination in the world you want to go. Likewise, any solid, secure form of payment you choose works for me as well. Paypal, check, money order, all good.
    My real name is Patrick, not Joe. Long Story.

Shooter
    35mm
    Captain!
    I might be interested in the schneider 80mm componon-s. I just got my first enlarger and I am, admitedly, a bit new to this. But will it enlarge a 6x7 negative? And will it fit my enlarger? I just bought a couple of days ago a Fuji S69 with a Fujinon-ES 1:4/50. I've been trying to find thread numbers everywhere but I can't seem to find any.
    Also, would you ship to Brasil? How much would that go for more or less?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The thread should be the same. Commonly called M39 or Leica thread. 80mm will just barely cover 6x7, but its really more for 6x6cm work. I'd be happy to ship it to Brazil for $18.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    An 80mm Componon-S will work very nicely for 6x7; it's what I use though I have the f/5.6 version.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I wonder if the f/5.6 version has more coverage than the f/4 version, or if they're both the same at 5.6 and down?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    They're quite different designs so far as I know. I would expect the f/4 to be better, and certainly no worse in resolution or coverage at working apertures around f/8.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all for the help!
    PM sent

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1168.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	853.5 KB 
ID:	56406

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1169.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	878.3 KB 
ID:	56407

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have used the 80mm f:4 for well over twenty years and it is the twin to yours. It covers 6x7 nicely and the preset lever that allows you to open the lens for focus and then stopping it down for exposure is a real plus. I have five of these Componon's in different focal lengths and they are all winners. That is also a fair price...I think I paid over $300 for mine.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've got confirmation now that both of the Ektanons would be perfect for enlarging 5x7 negatives. The 10" was apparently spec'd for 7x9 negs when it was conceived. They'd also both make, I'm certain, pretty interesting taking lenses as well.

Also, they're now open to offers. The 80mm is sold pending successfully figuring out some paypal quirks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin