Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,853   Online: 818

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Nikon Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/3.5 lens in box, PK-3 Auto Ring

In lovely condition, a Nikon manual-focus Micro-Nikkor macro lens, 55mm f/3.5 with the PK-3 Auto Ring coupled to meter and diaphragm. The lens serial number is a hoot: 888883. In the original box with the original soft foam, lens manual, manual Nikon Close-Up equipment brochure, and the dealer's and customer's copies of the warranty registration. The lens has both caps, the glass is spotless aside from a couple of specs of dust, and the lens barrel is excellent as well. The rear cap has a few scratches. From what I read, the PK-3 extension allows this lens to magnify up to 1:1 and couples with the camera's meter and diaphragm, eliminating tiresome exposure calculations. Finally, I'm pretty sure this isn't an AI lens. Frankly, all my 35mm gear is Minolta and I'd like to have a nice macro lens: how come my wife only finds Nikon macro lenses? It doesn't seem fair, some how...

Anyway, I'd like to get $80 for the lens with it's PK-3 widget, plus shipping. I take Paypal and USPS (United States Postal Service ONLY!) money orders. I contribute to APUG. Thanks for looking, now go find something small to take pictures of!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Macro-1.JPG   Macro-4.JPG   Macro-5.JPG   Macro-2.JPG   Macro-3.JPG  

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anyone interested in this before it goes to another venue?

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is a "K" version (pre Ai) of the 3.5- 55mm Micro (most likely from 1975) just before the lens was updated to Ai.
    After the Ai version the lens was updated to a 2.8 max aperture.

The 55 micro in all it's iterations is considered on of the sharped Nikkors and certainly one of the sharpest around normal fl.
    Nice price for this also I am tempted.

Did it go to ePrey yet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow. These are great lenses, I have the version just before this and use it quite a bit as a standard macro lens. The deeply recessed front element makes it sort of self-shading. I paid this much for mine 13 or 14 years ago, with the bubble, and thought I was doing well - this one's a friggin' steal!

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brucemuir View Post
    This is a "K" version (pre Ai) of the 3.5- 55mm Micro (most likely from 1975) just before the lens was updated to Ai.
    After the Ai version the lens was updated to a 2.8 max aperture.

The 55 micro in all it's iterations is considered on of the sharped Nikkors and certainly one of the sharpest around normal fl.
    Nice price for this also I am tempted.

Did it go to ePrey yet?
    I haven't moved the listing yet but will soon if no one here wants it.

Mike

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    35mm
    Has this lens sold, yet?

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not yet.

Mike

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM Sent.

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold pending payment! Thanks, everyone!

Mike

— Hunter S. Thompson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin