Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,279   Online: 832

Shooter
    Multi Format

KONI OMEGA MEDIUM FORMAT MADNESS, TIMES 2!! PRICED TO SELL!!

I got these, and never warmed up to the system (I'm faster with a Speed Graphic and prefer 6 x 9), so out they go. These are definite "users", not pristine collectables, but they should have a lot more life in them. As always, open to offers.

1) Koni Omega "Rapid" with 90mm f/3.5 Hexanon. Old and well used. Lens glass is very nice, shutter speeds sound good. Rangefinder has slight vertical misalignment, otherwise works well. Comes with a 120 and a 220 back, and one darkshell to split between them, and original instruction manual. Test roll shot in 120 back awhile back came out well. See photo for cosmetics. 125.00 USD shipped in CONUS, 150.00 USD elsewhere (these are the concrete blocks of cameras). Cheap way into medium format, 6x7 format prints well onto 8" x 10" .

Want more, more, MORE Koni for yer moni? Read on...

2) Rapid Omega 100 with 90mm f/3.5 Super Omegon. Body and lens acquired from International Camera Repair in Pasadena CA when they couldn't fix some items I had prepaid for. Body is in good shape, recently overhauled according to ICR, lens glass is very nice, shutter is crisp. Also have the 60mm f/5.6 Hexanon with front cap plus external finder plus lens and finder cases-- great glass (flash makes it look dustier than it is) but beat up filter rings and lens shade, shutter sounds good on all speeds; finder glass is very good but front metal has a ding; test shots awhile back came out fine. But wait, there's more --180mm f/4.5 Hexanon, with original front cap and case, glass is excellent but lens metal has a couple small dents, shutter sounds good on all speeds, test shots awhile back came out fine. Comes with one dark slide, one each 120 and 220 backs with a darkshell to split between them. Now how much would you pay? How about 325.00 USD shipped in CONUS, 375.00 shipped elsewhere (again, these are real bricks).

I also have a couple Koni backs that came with #1 but don't fit either of these cameras-- they have the dark slide part integral to the back and not the camera body. If you have one of those style Koni or Rapid Omegas drop me a line, or send me 40.00 usd and they're yours, shipped anywhere in CONUS.

THE FINE PRINT-- Items described to my best judgement and/or recollection. No warranty expressed or implied beyond what is stated in listing. I won't lie on customs forms for you or anyone else. Any questions please ask. I ship promptly on receipt of cleared payment, PayPal is cool. I have a great rep on eB*y under this same moniker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails KORapid_1.JPG   RapOm100_all.JPG   RapOm100_60.JPG   RapOm100_180.JPG   RapOm100_90.JPG  

Last edited by nosmok; 08-29-2012 at 05:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    BUMP!
    Orphan backs are SOLD pending payment!

No love for these? How about 100.00 shipped in CONUS for #1 and 300.00 shipped in CONUS for #2? How about that! Cheaper med format RFs with coated lenses are hard to come by...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh my god. Will someone please snatch these up!

They're both amazing deals. And the Koni-Omega is one of the most fun cameras in the world to shoot. Trust me.

Anyone who's anyone knows that Konica's lenses are fantastic as well. Especially for the price. You can spend five times as much and not get images as sharp as you can with these bad boys.

Just to clarify in case someone doesn't know: These are the same camera. The only difference is that the Rapid Omega was manufactured by Mamiya after Konica stopped making them. But they're the same thing. One is just as good as the other. The same goes for the Hexanon vs. Omegon lenses.

I wish I was a bigger fan of rangefinders. I owned one, but it's on permanent loan to a good friend because I'm more into SLRs. But seriously, you cannot go wrong with this deal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the kind words bushpig! Both kits are still available!

--nosmok

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think I'll take #2. Will send you a PM.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kit number 2 is SOLD, pending payment! Thanks all!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will take camera #1. PM on the way with my info.

Escaped Bakersfield, CA. Now in Indianapolis.
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys aren't going to regret it. Seriously. The first time to cock the shutter/advance the film it'll all be worth it. Not to mention how beautiful your negs are going to be.

I'm making myself miss my Koni-Omega. I love Konica so much. Why oh why couldn't they get a medium format SLR past the prototype stage...?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    #1 is gone, so now all are spoken for, pending payment . You guys rock! Now I owe APUG some dosh!

--nosmok

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin