Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,548,994   Online: 811

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leica equipment for sale

Item for Sale & Asking Price (serial number)
    Leica M2 with Focusing Screen sn: 1104427 $500
    90 Summicron F2 Type 2 with no front and rear cap sn:2545147 $600
    50 Summicron F2 Collapsible with front cap sn:1042553 $800

If you are interested in a bundle, I can give you a good price! I'm open to offers though I think those prices are pretty good compare to what is being sold on eBay.

Price information can be found here http://www.antiquecameras.net/leicamcameras.html and here http://www.antiquecameras.net/leicamlenses.html.

Pictures available here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1134093...e?noredirect=1

Are you the original owner of the item being sold?
    Yes

Are you selling or trading this item?
    Selling

Item Location
    Colorado

Shipping Charge
    $12 for USA
    $18 for Canada

Shipping Services
    USPS

Accepted Payment Types
    PayPal only
    Last edited by yaeldefaye; 09-04-2012 at 10:58 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM for the Leica M2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i keep seeing listings for "Leica M2 with focusing screen"

What focusing screen? What does this mean? I own an M2 and M3 and have vast experience with all other Leica rangefinder models and have yet to see a focusing screen on one.

Now, a Visoflex, the mirror box slr adaptor for an M does have a focusing screen. Does this include one of those?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    i keep seeing listings for "Leica M2 with focusing screen"

What focusing screen? What does this mean? I own an M2 and M3 and have vast experience with all other Leica rangefinder models and have yet to see a focusing screen on one.

Now, a Visoflex, the mirror box slr adaptor for an M does have a focusing screen. Does this include one of those?

ok, I see the problem -- the last time you listed this you said the same thing and tried to answer me then.

What you described then is not a focusing screen -- you are describing the rangefinder -- it is a rangefinder camera, it has a rangefinder as part of its viewfinder, which is a mechanical-optical device to focus the lens.

There is no focusing screen -- it has a rangefinder because that's the sort of camera it is.

Just a word of advice: Learn about what you are selling and be able to describe it correctly -- people who can't correctly describe their wares, or don't seem to know how it works, make me suspicious about whether they really own it or have acquired it legally. Not saying you are lieing here, just saying, knowledgable sellers do better selling stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for letting me know about my error in using the wrong term.
    I don't want to direct people in the wrong direction.
    The equipment is from a coworker and I'm helping her sell it and I'm getting almost nothing out of it. I don't know the world of film camera so any advice or correction like yours is welcome.
    If I could edit my post I would. Again sorry for that!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Leica M2 SOLD

90 Summicron F2 Type 2 + 50 Summicron F2 Collapsible for $1200

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't hesitate to make an offer! 2 lens still available!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    just a little bump... make me an offer on what you want!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sold for a total of almost $3700, thank you everyone!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin