Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,406   Online: 1157

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Beattie Intenscreen Plus

Years ago I had a Calumet 4x5 monorail view camera and was using it at the bottom of an overgrown ravine. With the lush canopy overhead filtering out the sun, I pulled the dark cloth over my head, trying to block every photon of outside light and I still couldn't see a darn thing on the old, original Calumet ground glass. My buddy next to me didn't even need a dark cloth: he stood back a couple of feet from the back of his camera, examining every corner of the image with ease. I don't recall what brand of improved ground glass he had but I bought one as soon as I got home and have never regretted it. Beattie has been the standard for a long time: you owe it to your tired, straining, aching eyes to buy this thing now!

Here's your chance to own one of the best and brightest! Ground glass, that is: from the estate of a local collector, in original box with original packaging, I don't think it was ever used. A Beattie Intenscreen Plus marked Calumet 540 with 1/2" grid, with anti-reflective glass. Part # 85110. The glass measures 127mm (really, really close to 5") by 101mm (4", pretty darn close) and has corners clipped by about 1/2". New these things are $462: this one's only $175 plus postage. I take Paypal or USPS money orders (United States Postal Service ONLY!) It's a small box and doesn't weigh much so even packed inside another box it won't cost much to mail (might even fit into a USPS Small Flat-Rate Priority Mail) box, which I think is $4.95 these days to anywhere in the continental United States.

Thanks for looking! Thanks even more for buying!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010008.JPG  
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin