Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,721   Online: 1034

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Olympus OM2000 Exceptional Condition

I bought this OM2000 when it was still fairly new. When it was originally purchased, the owner used it to take pictures of jewelry. As I recall, the camera was used almost totally on a tripod and there is some tripod scratching on the bottom plate. When the camera was no longer needed, the owner sold it to me. This was the last OM body, a camera actually made by Cosina. Cosina as you may recall produced a line of rangefinders and SLR cameras under different names (Olympus, Nikon, Vivitar, etc) all using the same basic body. This body was also the same as the one used for the Bessa rebirth, but with a mirror cage added. Many said the Olympus was the best of the SLR models they produced. This camera came with a Zuiko 35~70 lens and normally a 70~210 lens. This one was later upgraded to a Vivitar Series 1 lens (also a 70~210 but a faster 3.5 lens and one which will produce terrific results, as you probably already know). Much data indicates this lens was made for Vivitar by Kiron.

The OM2000 has a mechanical shutter and speeds up to 1/2000 with a flash synch speed of 125. Unlike many other OM models, it has center-weighted metering and spot metering. The winding and cocking is smooth and sure and the viewfinder is large and bright. In fact, using a tele lens like the Vivitar is no problem at all. This would be a great combination with the other Olympus zoom I have listed on APUG currently and a really economical way to pick up a nice high quality setup. It is also a neat way to use other Olympus lenses and have the benefit of spot metering, a faster shutter & synch speed, etc. Metering is the 3 led system +o- with o being a green dot. Very easy and quick to use and accurate as I recall.

Even though I've owned this camera for so long, it has seen very little use. My wife prefers a camera with an auto exposure feature and most of the pictures at our house are taken by her. It comes with the original box, manual, guarantee papers, camera case, strap and you can have all of this for $100 plus actual cost of postage.

PayPal ok for international but check/cash/money order for buyers in the USA please.

If questions, please let me know.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OM2000 front.JPG   OM2000 shutter speed.JPG   OM2000 spot.JPG   OM2000 back.JPG   OM2000 bottom.JPG  

OM2000 box.JPG   OM2000 manual.JPG   OM2000 vivitar.JPG   OM2000 vivitar2.JPG  

Shooter
    35mm
    This one has been spoken for.
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin