Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,662   Posts: 1,481,618   Online: 901

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Antique Negative Retouching Stand

Made back in the day when the answer to "What should we make it out of?" was usually answered "Oak!", this is just a neat, clever gadget which is not only beautiful but functional, too! It's a stand which, when you unfold it, becomes a bottom-lighted negative retouching stand, adjustable for different sizes of negative, with a wrist-rest for your wrist and a tilting mirror underneath, to throw light up through the negative you're retouching. I wish it were marked as to who made it: they did a good job. It's been sitting in my basement for a few years and could use a good cleaning but is otherwise in very good condition, very usable if you have negatives up to 8x10 to retouch or beautiful as aged oak can be just sitting there to show your friends that you're not only more sophisticated than they are, you're more sophisticated than they can even imagine!

The cost is $100 plus shipping. I take Paypal and USPS Money Orders (United States Postal money orders ONLY!) Please send me your zip code and I'll be happy to figure shipping for you. Thanks!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010006.JPG   P1010007.JPG   P1010009.JPG   P1010010.JPG  
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    35mm
    It's been a few decades since Woodshop but that looks like Mahogany to me.

The notching of the 'rest edge' is clever and elegant.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    It's been a few decades since Woodshop but that looks like Mahogany to me.

The notching of the 'rest edge' is clever and elegant.

s-a
    You could be right; I'm not really a wood person. I thought that the top (with the two black panels) looked like mahogany but the rest looked like oak. But, as I said, I could be wrong.

I'm not wedded to the price, by the way: there aren't a lot of sales of these things to base a price on. If your opinion is different than mine, I'm happy to listen to it.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    You could be right; I'm not really a wood person. I thought that the top (with the two black panels) looked like mahogany but the rest looked like oak. But, as I said, I could be wrong.

I'm not wedded to the price, by the way: there aren't a lot of sales of these things to base a price on. If your opinion is different than mine, I'm happy to listen to it.

Mike
    Don't ever listen to me.

s-a
    I photograph things to see what things look like photographed.
    - Garry Winogrand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two of those, they are really neat stands!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin