Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,975   Online: 931

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Rolleiflex Automat 1951-54 outfit with extras

From the estate of a local collector is a nice Rolleiflex from 1951-54 era, serial # 1257671. Depending on which catalog you follow this could be called the 3.5A or the Automat Type 4 or the MX type 1. Personally, if I were going to keep it I'd call it "Suzy" but that's just a personal thing. Includes a nice Rolleikin 2 in original boxes (to adapt the camera to 35mm film,) Rolleinar I close-up lens set (two lenses) in case along with a Rolleiparkeil 1 lens, a Rolleiflash in soft case, wrist strap, lens case (coming apart at the seam where the back joins the front,) with strap and a nice collection of Rollei literature: "The Modern Rolleiflex and Rolleicord Guide", Franke & Heidecke Rolleiflex brochure period to this camera, "The Practical Accessories" brochure describing the use of the Rolleinar lenses, Rolleikein kit and more, another of the same, this time in German, a "Rollei price List and Fair Trade Schedule" from Burleigh Brooks Co. on West 46th St. in New York, effective November 1, 1952 ($236.19 for this camera, if you were curious,) and what looks like a Rollei service and warranty card, mostly in German with what looks like a warranty card, not filled out, also in German (perhaps the English card was filled out and sent in, back in the day. Who knows?) All this comes in a small padded camera bag of uncertain and undistinguished origin.

The camera operates smoothly: shutter, aperture and shutter speed controls operate smoothly. Although I don't have a way of testing, shutter speeds sound what I would expect them to. The lens is the Schneider-Kreuznach 75mm f/3.5 Xenar and is coated. The glass is a little dusty but I don't see any scratches or Schneideritis. The focusing screen is clear and intact and brighter than my old Rollei New Standard's screen (love that old beast!) The leather covering is very good condition with no lifting or tears. I've photographed one area above the film counter where the covering has bumps in it; I don't know what that represents. It isn't obvious, though.

This is an excellent camera, highly usable or collectible, with useful and interesting accessories. The price is $400 plus shipping and insurance. If you have questions please feel free to ask; if you need additional photos, I'll do my best to get them for you (keeping in mind we're working with an ancient Olympus 2 MP point n shoot here!) Thanks for looking: I take Paypal and USPS money orders (United States Postal Service ONLY!). Shipping will be via Priority Mail. Thanks again!

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010002.JPG   P1010004.JPG   P1010008.JPG   P1010005.JPG   P1010006.JPG  

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010007.JPG   P1010008.JPG   P1010009.JPG   P1010019.JPG   P1010021.JPG  

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And some more pics!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010012.JPG   P1010013.JPG   P1010014.JPG   P1010015.JPG   P1010016.JPG  

— Hunter S. Thompson

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just a couple more!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1010017.JPG   P1010018.JPG  

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nice!!!

Good price on this outfit. Does it come with lens cap and that belted leather body case?

Todd

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    Good price on this outfit. Does it come with lens cap and that belted leather body case?

Todd
    Lens cap, yes: the shiny original Rollei one, not a recent remake. Don't know how I missed photographing it... Does not have the leather body case, though.

Mike

— Hunter S. Thompson

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold pending payment

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin