Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,965   Online: 1037

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Nikkormat bodies anyone?

Got a few Nikkormats that came with a couple Nikomats that I'm keeping.

1) Nikkormat FTn chrome - cosmetically decent except for baseplate which has seen better days. Winds and fires. Self-timer intermittent in function. Synch contacts need resoldering. Meter seems to be deader than a doornail. Good foam. FT2 style font on nameplate. $15+ship

2) Nikkormat FTn chrome - a little less nice, cosmetically, but better baseplate. Has a dent on the prism. Meter is very erratic, but active. Needs foam. $15+ship.

3) Nikkormat FTn black. Cosmetically decent, has some scratches above nameplate and engraving above the "Nikon" on the back, as well as some brassing. Corrosion in the battery chamber, so meter is dead. Nice mirror foam, bad light seals. Has eyepiece glass. $20+ship.

4) Nikkormat FTn black. Good looker, except for chipped window above top cover meter window, and some paint loss where there was an accessory shoe mounted. Meter is smooth and seems accurate. Is an early body, so cannot use AR-1 or AR-2, and is limited to f/22 as a minimum aperture when lens is coupled to meter. Needs foam. Has eyepiece glass. $30+ship.

Buy all four for $60+shipping.

Photos will be available on my flickr account (yes, I know, not supposed to use flickr to sell stuff) in the next 24 hours. Link is in my .sig.

Shipping is via USPS Priority Mail. Contiguous US only, please. PayPal personal payment or a USPS MO accepted. Camera(s) will be shipped once PayPal clears account.

-J
    Last edited by John_Nikon_F; 09-11-2012 at 11:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Forgot to mention photos...
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    whats wrong with posting pics on flickr?
    I haven't heard that one…

anyway John is great to deal with so buy with confidence.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It goes against their terms of service to use photos hosted on their site to sell stuff. Anyway, did some exploratory surgery on the two dead meter bodies. The chrome body has one severed wire. The black body has two, and the battery chamber fell out when the screw that holds it to the casting was removed. So, they're both to be considered Nikkormat FS bodies.

The chrome FTn with the active meter does settle down a bit after adjusting aperture, etc. Seems to be about a stop under with a mercury battery. So, it needs a meter overhaul. The black early body matches up with my F FTn and the chrome FTn that I'm keeping, when it has a 1.5 volt battery installed. So, it must've been recalibrated at one time or another.

Anyway, photos are up on the first page of my flickr stream.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin