Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,767   Online: 969

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think Paypal would offer the "gift option" if it were amoral, theft of services or any other ridiculous charge. As long as both parties agree to the transaction, it is no one elses business. There is only one aspect of Paypal gift that bothers me, and non of the moral police mention this. It is my understanding that if you buy using paypal gift that you have no buyer protection at all. Look it up at paypal!
    I have dealt in buying and selling metal detectors over the years, mostly high end detectors on the treasure forums. It is common knowledge there regarding the paypal buyer protection problem with gifting.
    All I can say is buyer beware, and use gift only for people you know. Otherwise you have no recourse.
    2bits
    Last edited by 2bits; 09-14-2012 at 04:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Also from the rules for classifieds--

APUG does not endorse agreements that violate international customs laws and regulations or the terms of service of any external payment service used to facilitate sales through the classifieds.
    What I would recommend is that if there are costs of doing business like fees for using payment services, taxes, storage space, purchasing packaging materials, driving to the post office, etc., then those should be included in the price of the item in the way that any business tries to make a profit while covering its overhead, and should not be itemized as separate costs.

I would also ask that people use the "report" button in general, rather than having these discussions in classified ads. If you have an actual intention to purchase an item, APUG has no control over what sellers and buyers arrange privately among themselves. For instance, if a buyer and seller happen to live in the same city, the buyer could offer to pick up an item in person and the seller could offer to waive the shipping fee in exchange.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Spotmatic and 105 = Sold
    50/1.4 now with rear cap on sale for $85

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin