Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,235   Posts: 1,659,956   Online: 923

Shooter
    Multi Format

Olympus XA2-- Help me buy that Leica M4

OK folks, here's the deal. I've lusted after a Leica M4 my whole life, i'm 63, it's now or never. But to do that I need to shed enough gear to (a) make room for it and (b) pay for it as well as (c) justify acquiring another camera to my wife who will say "Another one?"

So, here's the start, a chance for you to own a lovely Olympus XA2 complete with A11 flash unit. I actually have two of these, both are guaranteed (a) to be cameras and (b) to work once you put a battery in them. I know they do because (c) I just put a battery in them and they worked.

One is cosmetically lovely although it has a few scratches and wear. The other has a spot about an inch and a half on the back where the black paint has actually been worn off, so there's bare metal there but the camera is functionally a-ok. The thumb wheel on both is not badly worn, indicating they haven't had a huge amount of use.

(This is a good indicator. The wheel on the XA I used for 10 years was almost worn smooth by the time the poor thing died.)

These are users, then, which is what you want anyway. Both wind smoothly, fire easily, no problems at all.

$30 for either one, shipping included, or Paypal me $50, take them both and shoot stereo. Since they have matched lenses and electronic shutters it is actually not hard to rig them to do that.

Just in case you don't know what an Olympus XA2 looks like, here's a pic of the front of the slightly cosmetically better one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oly xa.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	342.1 KB 
ID:	57160

and the back of the other one.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xa2.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	338.0 KB 
ID:	57161

Thanks for looking. If you're in Ogden, Utah, give me a call.

Charlie Trentelman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sold the one with back damage so the only one left is the best one ...

Bargain time!!! $30 shipping included? Includes the A11 flash AND a free roll of film!
    Last edited by summicron1; 09-19-2012 at 06:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin