Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,426   Online: 947

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS/FT: Extensive M42 outfit (cheap)

Please note that I try to give an honest description and point out where these items are less than perfect conditionwise. Despite the imperfections, these lenses (all pretty sharp in my opinion) and bodies will take excellent photos and I have never hesitated to use them for "critical" stuff.

1. EBC Fujinon 1.8/55, takes 49 mm filters. No haze, no fungus, normal dust inside, snappy aperture blades, the coating of the front element shows circular cleaning marks. The focusing ring is just a touch tight at around the infinity mark and inifnity focus comes up when the focusing ring is at around 10 meters. This lens still has the little tab on the aperture ring, that transfers the selected aperture to dedicated Fujica bodies (see below), similarly to Nikon's AI. This, together with the 28 mm Takumar were my favourite lenses of this system. Comes with front cap and rectangular screw-in metal hood.

2. Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 3.5/28 late version, takes 49 mm filters, Auto/Manual switch. No haze, no fungus, one small, hard to photograph coating mark on the front lens, very little dust inside, aperture mechanism closes down and opens a bit slowly (you can use it either in manual mode or flip it to manual from auto just before the exposure, managable on M42 bodies and won't cause a problem if you use it with adapters (in manual mode) on other cameras). Comes with both caps. Although only f/3.5 in speed, it is already perfectly usable wide open.

3. Super Takumar 3.5/35, takes 49 mm filters, Auto/Manual switch. No haze, no fungus, very little dust inside, aperture blades close instantly and open up just a touch slow, some marks on the barrel. The front of the lens barrel (with the filter thread) has a tiny bit of play, but I haven't found this to affect my images in any way. Comes with both caps and I'll try to find a shade for it.

4. Auto Chinon 2.8/135, takes 55 mm filters, Auto/Manual switch. Apart from a small mark on the built-in hood, this lens is in excellent condition, no haze, fungus or cleaning marks. Comes with both caps.

5. Revueflex (Chinon) body. It has an excellent SBC meter (taking two LR44/SR44 batteries) that match the results of my handheld meter and a clear, bright finder. Fairly light because of the polycarbonate top and bottom plates, it's modern meter would make it a valued memeber in any M42 system.

6. Fujica ST801 body. A solid piece of metal with excellent ergonomics. 1/2000 top shutter speed, SBC meter (that runs on 4 LR44/SR44 batteries plus included spacer or a single 6 volt cell), open-aperture metering with dedicated Fujinon lenses, like the 1.8/55 here. Its meter works, but for consistent results a recalibration would be needed. Shows considerable brassing (very cool in my opinion), the self-timer's cocking lever is missing, there is some dust in the viewfinder and two of the six "lips" that hold the film leader on the take-up spool as well as the eyepiece-cover are missing on this otherwise dependable body. Comes with case.

7. (Not pictured) Fujica ST701 (chrome) with Fujinon 1.8/55. The body works, but the meter is inoperative, there is a tiny crack under the battery cover on the top plate, viewfinder cover is missing. The lens has an inoperative aperture (always wide-open) and a couple of lines of spiderweb fungus inside.

8. (Not pictured) Three-piece close up ring with auto aperture. There are a few deep marks on the barrel, but works perfectly.

It's rather hard to set a realistic, APUG-friendly price. So, how about:

100 EUR plus shipping or straight trade for a Nikkor 1.4/50 with AI tab (preferred)? It would be nice if the lens came with a metal shade as I use them all the time.

Thanks for looking.
    Last edited by Aron; 09-15-2012 at 01:02 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SC09903.jpg   SC09901.jpg   SC09904.jpg   SC09905.jpg   SC09906.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    More pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SC09907.jpg   SC09909.jpg   SC09911.jpg   SC09913.jpg   SC09914.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still available, I'm open to selling the items separately, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Weekend bump. I don't need these, but want them to fall in good hands, so here are the new prices:

15 EUR plus postage per lens and I'll include a body of your choice.

I decided to keep the 35 mm Takumar, together with the extension rings.

Thanks for looking.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'll take the Auto Chinon 2.8/135 if you accept paypal and shipping to France.

PM sent.
    http://street-photos.net/ | http://felinik.com/ | http://www.facebook.com/jf.felinik

"The one with the most stuff when he dies wins"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sale on the 2,8/135 is pending and the 3,5/28 Takumar was sold elsewhere.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin