Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,395   Online: 809

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Rochester Optical Company Retouching Desk

I've had this for years and can't recall where I got it, but I've never used it and need some room.

Here's a very nice retouching desk sold by Rochester Optical Company (a guess given that it's stamped "R.O.C. RETOUCHING DESK" in the wood on the top surface). It's in remarkably nice condition given its age, with no major nicks in the wood and what appear to be the original ground glass and mirror. All hardware is present, with a nice patina, and works smoothly. The external dimensions are about 10-1/2" x 12" x 3" and it can support up to 8x10.

As you can see in the second photo, it opens up to provide (top-to-bottom) a light shield, a working surface with a groundglass back and repositionable support (details in 3rd and 4th pictures), and a tiltable mirror base for directing light to backlight the working area. It weighs 4 pounds 9 ounces. The glass and mirror could use a cleaning, but it's usable as-is.

$100 plus shipping. This is slightly too big to ship safely in any of the Priority Mail flat-rate boxes, so will have to go in a generic brown corrugated box. Shipping depends on distance from 01864, but should be around $22.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Retouching_Desk_1.jpg   Retouching_Desk_2.jpg   Retouching_Desk_3.jpg   Retouching_Desk_4.jpg  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin