Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,884   Posts: 1,520,547   Online: 869

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: 240mm f/5.6 Caltar-II-N (= Apo-Sironar-N)

My wife has been on my case lately about the “lens museum”, and her gentle and loving nagging has gotten me to thinking about what I’m likely to use in this life and what is just decorative. I’ve exercised the shutter periodically, but haven’t used this lens since I got a 240mm Fujinon-A (not for sale!), so this one needs to find a new home.

This is a really nice multicoated 240mm f/5.6 Caltar-IIN, really a Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-N with Calumet branding. The glass in very clean with just a couple of negligible cleaning marks and very minor dust. There are no major dents or dings, but some very minor nicks around the front where the filter mounts – I’ve attempted to show these in a couple of pictures. These are purely cosmetic and 77mm filters screw in smoothly. The Copal 3 shutter works well on all speeds, and is complete with spacer and mounting ring. Caps are included, though the rear cap is not original.

$299 plus insured shipping is not much over a buck a millimeter, and not a lot more than you’d pay for a good Copal 3 alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 240_Caltar_IIN_1.jpg   240_Caltar_IIN_2.jpg   240_Caltar_IIN_3.jpg   240_Caltar_IIN_4.jpg   240_Caltar_IIN_5.jpg  

240_Caltar_IIN_6.jpg  
    Last edited by Steve Goldstein; 09-15-2012 at 02:26 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Email/message sent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, should have posted earlier that this was sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin