Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,287   Posts: 1,535,323   Online: 878

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS: Rolleiflex 2.8 E Model, your dream machine

You know you want this.

No, seriously. Don't fight it.

This is a Rolleiflex 2.8 E Model, the last one before the over-hyped F, every bit as wonderful only it doesn't have a removable hood. Big woopy-do.

This has extremely minor edge wear on the corners -- I suspect it has not had a lot of wear or use. Other than that, cosmetically, it is lovely.

It has the Schneider Xenotor. Everyone raves about Planars, but the Xenotar is every bit as sharp and, in my mind, a bit more brilliant with whites, which to my eye glow.

It's a matter of taste, I guess.

This camera does not have the meter. You know, the meter that doesn't work properly now because it would be 40 years old? Yeah, that one. If you're using this, you're using handheld because it's more accurate anyway. Or you have a good eye, which you should have anyway.

The negatives: Because, as I said, this camera has not had a lot of use it needs to be serviced. The half-second and second drag just a bit. The shutter speed and lens opening dials are hard to turn. This tells me there is hardened grease in there somewhere. This also tells me that nobody has serviced this before, so you know nobody has screwed it up.

No, I have not tried to fix it myself. Haven't even tried working the things much to loosen them for fear of doing damage. I want it done right.

Yes, the film feeler rollers work properly. It loads as a Rolleiflex should. Lenses are spotless, scratchless, flawless, lovely. Bellows (did you know these have bellows? It's true.) look solid.

Because of the negatives, I am pricing it at only $700 plus $15 for massive postage/insurance/tracking -- that's like, 10 percent of what a new one will cost you today for a camera without the classic auto-load feature and that gives you images not one bit better and maybe not as good, who knows how good those optical workers are these days? -- this includes a good case (small tear on the hinge) AND the original Rollei strap with the alligator clips that nobody can find anywhere and which would cost you $75 just by themselves.

Here's images. Really, it's quite lovely. If I didn't already have an E model that I've had Harry Fleenor service, and if I wasn't saving up for a Leica M4, I'd hang on to it.

Paypal me at summicron12000@yahoo.com and we're on our way. Camera is in Ogden, Utah, if you're nearby and want to take a look. If it hasn't sold in a coupla days or so, make me a sane offer, we can talk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollei2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	658.6 KB 
ID:	57220

Name:	rollei1.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	57221

Name:	rollei3.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	148.2 KB 
ID:	57222
    Last edited by summicron1; 09-16-2012 at 12:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sold to a fine judge of camera equipment in Australia. Thank you for your attention.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin