Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,768   Posts: 1,484,184   Online: 811

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I still have:

Osaka Commercial 210mm f6.3, glass fine, good shape $25

Rodenstock 210mm f6.8 Geronar MC, glass fine, near mint $45

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Still for sale....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    bump

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FS: 5 large format lenses at low prices

Honestly I would only buy with PayPal even as a "gift" so you don't incur fees. I'm not comfortable giving you my credit card, and the buyer protection DOES work, I was saved $550 once on a purchase of a broken camera and $250 on a lens with fungus after a seller wouldn't take it back, so PayPal buyer protection DOES WORK.

Anyway just FYI that's part of the reason, it also seems sketchy to me that anyone these days would NOT take PayPal. Just some input that could be helpful for the future.

Best,

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Oh did I mention in contrast it's been 6 months since I had a claim in for something purchased with my bank card and they still haven't refunded the $175, where PayPal had it done within 30 days...

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Honestly I would only buy with PayPal even as a "gift" so you don't incur fees. I'm not comfortable giving you my credit card, and the buyer protection DOES work, I was saved $550 once on a purchase of a broken camera and $250 on a lens with fungus after a seller wouldn't take it back, so PayPal buyer protection DOES WORK.

Anyway just FYI that's part of the reason, it also seems sketchy to me that anyone these days would NOT take PayPal. Just some input that could be helpful for the future.

Best,

~Stone

PayPal protection doesn't apply to "gift" transactions.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    PayPal protection doesn't apply to "gift" transactions.
    Good to know! I rescind my gift offer and instead offer to pay 2.5% in addition to total cost

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just don't agree with PayPal's Terms Of Service agreement.

PayPal seems to do a great job protecting the buyer.

Seller protection is almost non-existant, PayPal inadvertantly supports scammer buyers, Not that you folks are scammers! I just find myself better off not having a PayPal account anymore.

Credit card acceptance is risky enough without the heavy handed tactics of PayPal to make it worse.

I do use Google Checkout and ProPay.com for credit card transactions these outfits make a much better effort to protect the seller.

Google Checkout is easy to use like the Pal', an emailed invoice for the agreed price is just emailed to the buyer, nothing much to it.

I often receive emails from some folks in Asia that live in one country and want it delivered in another country where their "Friend" lives, and......want to pay with the Pal' Now doesn't that sound like a successful "Chargeback" in the making? ANY credit card transaction like this no matter who is the credit card processor will most likely result in a successful "Chargeback"

I have studied credit card processing extensively and have come up with my own very strict guidelines on making safe transactions a priority, Credit card transactions no matter who is the card processor are just plain risky hence I do what I can to minimize the risks.

I am sure Mr. Stone is a good honest member and if I did indeed have a PayPal account he would be most welcome to purchase using that service.

I accept payments by means of Google Checkout if you like Mr.Stone.

Anyway.....I still have the two 210mm lenses for sale.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin