Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,219   Posts: 1,532,234   Online: 836

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

FS: 5 large format lenses at low prices

Quote Originally Posted by Alpenhause View Post
    I just don't agree with PayPal's Terms Of Service agreement.

PayPal seems to do a great job protecting the buyer.

Seller protection is almost non-existant, PayPal inadvertantly supports scammer buyers, Not that you folks are scammers! I just find myself better off not having a PayPal account anymore.

Credit card acceptance is risky enough without the heavy handed tactics of PayPal to make it worse.

I do use Google Checkout and ProPay.com for credit card transactions these outfits make a much better effort to protect the seller.

Google Checkout is easy to use like the Pal', an emailed invoice for the agreed price is just emailed to the buyer, nothing much to it.

I often receive emails from some folks in Asia that live in one country and want it delivered in another country where their "Friend" lives, and......want to pay with the Pal' Now doesn't that sound like a successful "Chargeback" in the making? ANY credit card transaction like this no matter who is the credit card processor will most likely result in a successful "Chargeback"

I have studied credit card processing extensively and have come up with my own very strict guidelines on making safe transactions a priority, Credit card transactions no matter who is the card processor are just plain risky hence I do what I can to minimize the risks.

I am sure Mr. Stone is a good honest member and if I did indeed have a PayPal account he would be most welcome to purchase using that service.

I accept payments by means of Google Checkout if you like Mr.Stone.

Anyway.....I still have the two 210mm lenses for sale.....
    Thanks but I'll stick with PayPal, and you're not doing a very good job convincing anyone here that you are legit when everything you say is about protecting you and not us the buyer.

Thanks, but no thanks.

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Greetings Dear Forum Members,

Honest forum member will take no offense to this here statement, I am not out to start a bunch of petty forum arguments.

My sincere apologies to have to post this but it needs to be posted.

I am noticing an increasing number of forum members patrolling the forum all day looking to start accusations and conflict, You Know Who You Are!
    And so do I!

Argument Masters Please Skip This Forum Thread! Thanks!

Please stop in and post if you are interested and have constructive things to say and post, We all can do without the negative accusations and insulting posts that have nothing to do with the subject at hand or frivolous warnings, Keep Moving if you are one that needs to start arguments, Don't Go Away Mad! Just Go Away! Take Your Garbage Elsewhere!

If you are troubled with the way my payment system works Just Keep On Moving! Don't post here!

People that have PayPal accounts always have Credit and Debit Cards or Money orders and Checks, I can process your Credit/Debit cards with Google Checkout and of course happily accept checks and Money Orders, directly depositing money into my bank account is super fast too. Please respect my choice not to use PayPal.

I make an honest effort to accommodate payments for people that they will be OK with, Should PayPal be the only method you wish to pay with so be it, Can't help you, Please just don't argue about it.

Forums are supposed to be useful and enjoyable, let's work together to keep it that way not turn it into a sick circus!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin