Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,729   Online: 860

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Leica M3 SS User

For sale is a Leica M3 in user condition.

First the bad (or obvious) the camera has been well used, there are scratches in the chrome, some brassing, a bunch of leather is missing and there are some minor dings. The rangefinder has a black patch in the upper left corner, my guess is either desilvering or separation of the prism. This looks awful when looking at the camera however it's fairly transparent and when actually using it your eye looks through and the rangefinder lines come up nicely. Obviously not pretty but functional. See photo of my dog for what it looks like.

Now the good. The camera works well, shutter speeds sound good and the curtain looks good with no pinholes. When fired the second curtain metal end is still visible, I'm not sure if this is normal on the M3 or not but on my M2 the metal part disappears completely. Either way the shutter is working well.

The rangefinder is bright, contrasty and accurate.

The film counter works, film advance is smooth and the self timer works well.

Bottom line, a good camera for someone who's looking to shoot a Leica for cheap. New leather can be purchased from cameraleather and would make it look a whole lot nicer.

$350 and I'll give you a few days to put the camera through it's paces and make sure you're happy with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Is this still available? Have you developed any film taken with this camera? If you're willing to let it go for $220 shipped and pay-palled, i'll gladly take it off your hands.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Leica M3 SS User

Quote Originally Posted by dipm View Post
    Is this still available? Have you developed any film taken with this camera? If you're willing to let it go for $220 shipped and pay-palled, i'll gladly take it off your hands.
    I'll pay $230 plus shipping!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    240 + shipping? lol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold to a friend of mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was a great deal on a wonderful camera with a few cosmetic issues. Hope your friend enjoys it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin