Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,028   Online: 1000

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Crown Graphic 4x5 w/ Top Rangefinder

For sale is a Crown Graphic in good shape. This comes with the top rangefinder and a Rodenstock Geronar 150mm f/6.3 MC lens in a Copal 0 shutter.

The camera works well, bellows look good with no holes, focus is smooth as are all the movements. The rangefinder is bright and contrasty and is synced. I haven't adjusted the stops to the newer lens yet. The back door pops open nicely, focusing screen is clean with a few light marks.

The lens is in very good shape, glass is clean except for a couple of really faint spots on the coating on the rear element, each less than 1mm and almost impossible to see. No way they'd affect your image.

Not much more to say, nice kit ready to shoot.

$260

Last edited by illumiquest; 09-20-2012 at 03:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you say the rangefinder is "synched," does that mean the rangefinder is cammed to the Geronar lens?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So tempted...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundowner View Post
    So tempted...
    Ditto....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure whether there are cams on the graphics, unless they're up in the rangefinder itself. There's a cable that runs down and touches the rail. I'll have to check to see if the finder is accurate with this lens, I've never really tried using a rangefinder and just use the screen for composition.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The cam is up under the rangefinder, there's patterns for making new ones, this article might help.

That's a good deal for the camera plus the lens/shutter, particularly as it has the more desirable Graflok back.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian, so I guess the rangefinder won't be accurate with this lens but it does work well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    Thanks Ian, so I guess the rangefinder won't be accurate with this lens but it does work well.
    It depends on what lens the cam is for, I bought a Crown Graphic with a 135mm lens a few years ago (side mounted Rangefinder - no adjustment) it was way out but when I put a 150mm the camera it was accurate.

Your camera here has the huge advantage that cams can be changed, also easily fabricated.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You guys are killing me, here...you can't keep making this thing sound better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin