Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,786   Online: 715

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - Oddball short petzvals for Medium Format/possibly 4x5

What we have here is a bizarre collection of petzvals, all with very short focal lengths. Since they are 5" or shorter, they will vignette on 4x5. If that's what you want, I'm fine with that... Both of the Ross lenses are too small an image circle for 4x5, BUT if you remove the front lens and use it alone, you have an interesting 7" meniscus lens. I also have some 6 and 7" petzvals that will do for 4x5 that I'll post eventually.

I figure US shipping on these should be $8, and that will cover one or as many as you want to buy from this group.

USPS money orders preferred, PayPal is ok, or checks from people I already know. Overseas shipping with payment by PayPal is fine. I can also take direct deposit in Australia.

All measurements are approximate. These might have cleaning wisps , and I'm too old to see them, but I don't think so... But expect them. The image circle is generally going to be approximately the same as the focal length on these, except for the 2 ultra-bizarre Ross lenses.

How about $65 each, except $85 for the Darlot $$ to APUG if sold here.

1) 3" focal length; glass is 1 /3/8" 45mm at threads; focus mechanism works but is stiff, glass is good.

2) 4" focal length; 2 3/4" tall; glass 1 1/8" diameter; diameter of lens barrel is 1 1/2"

3) 4" focal length; 2 5/8" tall; glass diameter is 1 3/8"; tube diameter 1 1/2"

4) 4" focal length Ross petzval; 4 1/2" tall, glass is 1 7/8"; image circle is 2 1/2", so only good for 6x6 at infinity. The front element removed and used alone is 7" approx focal length and will cover 4x5 with a soft image. The rear elements are reversed from the normal arrangement, so, playing with that might lead to interesting images as well.

5) 4" Darlot, focal length; glass is 1 1/4" in diameter; 2 1/4" tall

6) 4" focal length Ross petzval; 4 1/2" tall, glass is 1 3/4"; image circle is 2 1/2", so only good for 6x6 at infinity. The front element removed and used alone is 7" approx focal length and will cover 4x5 with a soft image. The rear elements are reversed from the normal arrangement, so, playing with that might lead to interesting images as well.

7) 5 1/2" focal length; unmarked but probably English; Focus mechanism is there but doesn't work properly, so would need to be removed and fixed up if you want to use it. There is, I believe, about 1mm of front edge separation around some of the front element. Glass is 1 3/4"; 2 1/8" at threads; 3 3/4" tall.
    Last edited by rrankin; 09-20-2012 at 04:12 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #3 is sold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #3, #6, #1 and #5 are all sold pending payment. That leaves #2, #4, and #7.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #3 is available, so 2,3,4, 7 are still here.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #1, 4, 5 and 6 are sold
    #2, 3, and 7 are left.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    How about free US shipping on the last three of these?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd like to clear out a few more of these, so make me a reasonable offer!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jon,

that must be a USPS record, getting that there so quickly. Now, talk them into letting you ship me that highfaluting rum you keep telling me about, instead of money...

I'm kind of amazed that no one has taken #7 yet. Last year, these would have sold for twice the price.

Cheers,
    Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    #7 is sold pending payment

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    These are all gone now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin