Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,971   Online: 897

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zone VI 4x5, early Wisner designed and produced

Early Zone VI 4x5
    Wisner Design
    $750 or Best Offer

This is a nice specimen of one of the earliest Zone VI 4x5 models designed and produced by Ron Wisner. It's made of mahogany and brass and is in really nice, fully functional condition.

It has front rise and fall, front tilt with a "click" detent stop, front swings and front shifts, and rear tilt and swing. The bellows can be detached and replaced with a bag bellows, which I don't have so can't include it.

The metal is all brass and everything locks down very nicely and adjust without binding.

After looking at photos of quite a few of these, I've noticed that on this particular camera, the knobs in the bed that control front and rear extension seem to be farther apart than most others. This means that you'll get slightly more bellows extension than you might expect from one of these cameras. I've measured the distance from the front of the lensboard to the inside edge of the ground glass to be 18-3/4".

The ground glass back has the desirable "bail" feature and a fresnel lens for true ease of focusing wide field lenses.

The bellows is like new, light-tight and supple. <i>A word of advice:</i> Before folding the camera, detach the bellows from the front standard; fold the front standard down; and then re-fasten the bellows before folding down the rear standard. This will prevent the front standard supports from rubbing against the bellows. Alternatively, you could put your thumbs on the top ends of the struts to keep them from rubbing. Either way, you'll prolong the life of the bellows.

Weighing in at about 6.1 pounds, this is a very nice, compact, light-weight 4x5.

Figure about 8.5 pounds shipping weight.

Buyer pays shipping; I'll pay PayPal fees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zone-VI-1.jpg   Zone-VI-2.jpg   Zone-VI-4.jpg   Zone-VI-7.jpg   Zone-VI-6.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been looking for that exact model...they only show up when I'm strapped for cash, though. So, I'll have to regretfully pass...unless we're on the "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a view camera today..." Wimpy System.
    Last edited by Sundowner; 09-22-2012 at 03:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    One thing to note about this model is that the bellows draws out to 19" maximum (480mm?).
    In use, I would not put anything longer than a 16 inch lens on it. But that means you can use a 300mm-360mm lens and get a nice close portrait.

Here is my zone vi next to my shen hao hzx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zone Vi next to Shen Hao.jpg  
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is a beautiful camera, just a little out of my league though!
    (Skill level)
    Last edited by 2bits; 09-23-2012 at 07:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SOLD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin