Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,533   Posts: 1,598,738   Online: 1041

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Galvin 6x9 view camera, flat and recessed boards, horseman back

I won't to into all the details of the Galvin when they can be found here. Mine is a little different than the one he reviews, so look at my images if you have questions. Every one of these seemed to be a little different. I have about 20 images of the camera that can be found on flickr here. If you want to shoot 6x9 with movements in the field, it would hard to come up with a better solution. A full kit with lenses etc. weighs far less than my beloved Hasselblad. The the camera is in pretty much perfect condition. The flat board is actually made by Grimes and it in the same condition. The very hard to find recessed board is pretty beat up, but it is a lens board. A coat of paint will clean it up if you are so inclined. The back is a 6x9 Horseman back that seems like it was used a fair amount, but seems to be perfect. If I were keeping it I'd replace the seals, but I suspect that really won't be needed for a few more years....about a 10 minute job for this back once the materials are in hand. That said, I have not used the back. I'd prefer to sell this as a set and I won't break it up until the camera sells. The kit is $525 plus shipping and Paypal fees if you use Paypal.
    Your first 10,000 pictures are the worst - HCB

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    35mm
    PM Sent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    niiiice. kinda wanted this. I'd have to sell some stuff first, though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, no one has made an offer yet and I am not in a huge hurry. I'm also throwing in a Technika to Galvin conversion board. I made it, but never made the clips. It is a bit of a hack job, but it should work fine. Also, the flat board is drilled for Copal 0 and the recessed something smaller ( 00? )

I could also be talked into a trade for a Fuji rangefinder, Olympus OM stuff or Leica stuff.

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well, one last try before ebay. Anyone?

www.markjamesfisher.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice....looks clean.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin