Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS: 20 x 70mm Kodak Techpan with Hasselblad 70mm back, Nikor 70mm tank and reel set

I got this from PKM-25 in June on LFF. I too have been bit by the larger format bug, so here it is again.

I managed to find a rather large ~87mm (3 5/16 inches) stainless film reel I was planning to make 70mm. It is over 400mm (16") in diameter. Has a clip in the middle.

For whatever reason I woke up early this morning and my first thought was to sell this. Maybe someone will wake up and buy this lot.

Here is PKM-25 original text:
    Ok, here it is, the "Motherlode" of medium format Kodak Technical Pan film if you are a Hasselblad V- series shooter, all one batch, same emulsion number and same expiration date of 03/1999 in perfect condition.

There are 19 full unopened rolls and 1 tested roll that I pulled a 2 foot snip off of to check the quality. I tested that roll right after purchase some three years ago and it came out perfect, no speed loss. I have had these rolls stored in a dedicated film freezer at -20F, always, they went back in there after I took the photos for the ad today. These rolls are best used in the Hasselblad 70mm bulk film back pictured which is in good condition and works fine. I had planned to use 5 foot (220) sections and load them into the spare spools of which there are 6 of for ease of use in both negative development and dr5 reversal, so those are a good option for rationing it in smaller amounts. One of the issues of using this size of film is the overall lack of 70mm tanks on the market. So included in the set is a Nikor 70mm developing tank and reel that is in perfect condition and works very well for this purpose.

I love using this film, this set represents half of what I own in medium format of it, but I just stocked up on 4x5 sheet film since I am using that format more and more these days so I am selling it to accommodate the need for more room in my freezer and to help offset the high cost of sheet film. If you want to really create a solid body of work using Kodak Technical Pan film that is not just a "Try a few rolls" effort, you owe it to your self to try and obtain absolute consistency. So with the potential of over 1,900 6x6 frames of it, you are simply not going to do any better than this setup. Think about it, this is equal to nearly160 rolls of 120 sized Techpan, all from the same batch, you probably won't see this again, I know I won't. My format addition is your gain…
    And original post:
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...-reel-set.html

$650 OBO shipped in the U.S. Int'l shipping possible. I'm in West Los Angeles.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh man. If only I could afford to spend that much money on film right now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here is the addition to the lot, a stainless reel.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04750.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	767.0 KB 
ID:	57713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04751.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	215.8 KB 
ID:	57714Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04752.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	57715Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04753.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	419.6 KB 
ID:	57716

Oh one more addition, a 100' roll of Kodak 160NC from outer space! Ok I really don't know where it is from or how old it is, guessing around 2005.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bump... also will trade for Nikkor 150 SW or 72XL

Kav

Shooter
    Multi Format

Re: FS: 20 x 70mm Kodak Techpan with Hasselblad 70mm back

PM sent

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Sale pending.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    SOLD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin