Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,798   Online: 972

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamiya 7 150mm, I Hate You [FS]

This lens has been a terrible purchase for me. Its a focal length and minimum distance combination that doesn't work for me. It also has the worst lens cap ever designed. Its heavy. Hitting focus wide open is too hard at minimum distances. 67mm filters, too expensive. Doesn't work well with camera meter. Can't take pictures of adults, too much resolution.

Only good thing worthy of mention is the lens cap, slightly improved over the flimsy plastic ones on the wides.

$350, includes shipping + tithe to apug.

If you don't have the 43 or 65, don't buy this lens. You need one of these to understand the good parts of the Mamiya 7II.

Comes with hood, I suggest you throw it away.

Small bubble on rear element, not visible at all angles, last picture taken to highlight defect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mamiya7150mm1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	151.7 KB 
ID:	57728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mam7150mm3.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	57729Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mam7150mm2.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	126.4 KB 
ID:	57730

Shooter
    35mm RF
    LOL... Tell us how you really feel. GLWS!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Funny, I just developed a roll from the M7II with the 150mm...tack sharp and beautiful! Sorry to hear the hate. That's a good deal for someone though.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best classified write-up I've seen in quite a while!

Good luck.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    lol @ 67mm filters being too expensive for a 7II owner

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, I guess it's a plus if you normally use 77mm filters. But not for someone with a bit of coin invested in a smaller size.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interested in any trades,just putting it out there since you need this beast gone.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I sold this same lens earlier in the year. Now you're making me want to buy it back! I agree with some of your complaints, but not the wide open focus issue, at least not for me.

Jonathan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Man, this is a good deal! Some say the body and 150mm needs to be calibrated together for best performance, but my 150mm is TACK sharp wide open or otherwise and I use it often But I agree on the minimum focus distance issue, it is the fatal flaw of the lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Perhaps my rangefinder is slightly off. Good news people, this lens is excellent at testing rangefinder accuracy!

Trades welcome, starter large format kits, any size. 50mm rz, nice bags, or something completely different (not 35mm).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin