Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,500   Online: 1036

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

9 CP Goerz American Optical Dagor

9 CP Goerz American Optical Dagor

Im offering for sale again a 9 Dagor in an Ilex #3 Acme Synchro shutter. The shutter has been serviced and Ill include the measured speeds. The aperture works smoothly. The lens is coated and the serial number indicates it was made between 1948 and 1954. I have lens caps for both front and rear although they are not original.

This is a very nice lens. $285 including.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 016.jpg   Picture 020.jpg   Picture 022.jpg   Picture 019.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    This is a wonderful lens for both 8x10 and 5x7. Lots of coverage at a great price.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Yes it is Peter.

I have a 10" WF Ektar and I bought the Dagor awhile back to make some print comparisons. The dagor is a wonderful lens and has lots of coverage. I know people talk about tonality and smoothness but it is easy to see the difference between the old designs like the Dagor and the Schneider Angulons, and the more modern lenses.

Modern and near-modern lenses like the WF Ektar (1948) have more contrast than the older designs like the Protar and the Dagor and therefore appear sharper. For contact printing I prefer the older designs because, in spite of their lower contrast they deliver more creamy print tones. I do find that the modern lenses are better for enlarging with cold light because the cold light actually reduces the print contrast.

Alan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    bump: Still a very nice lens.

Alan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent Alan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    email sent to you sir.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin