Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,992   Online: 847

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: Whole Plate Camera-Eastman View No. 1 & 5 film holders

Nice little Eastman View No. 1 which needs the bellows replaced or at least "wrapped" with a dark cloth when taking pictures. It has its extension rail. A no name lens with broken piston shutter included, glass is good and a home made lens board is included. I believe it is a convertible RR. The aperture scale goes from f8 to f45.

The "jewels" of this camera are the 3 Eastman 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 natural brown color film holders and 2 Folmer Graflex whole plate holders with one of them having an after market 1/4 plate (film) insert in it. It was done several decades ago, was a quality job, and can be removed by one if wanted to re-convert it to a 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 film holder.

Asking $525 plus shipping/insurance/paypal fees if paid for in that manner. This price works out to be $80 per whole plate film holder and $125 for a usable Whole Plate View Camera and a lens. 3% of sale price to APUG. I will post some pictures later this week. Send me pm or email.
    Thanks. Jon
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Send me your email or pm with you email and I can get some phone pics to you. Thanks. Jon
    Everyone has a constitutional right to be an idiot; that does not mean you should exercise your right!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the group package can't be sold, how about $300 delivered to you in the USA for the 3 Eastman 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 natural brown color film holders?

$150 for the 2 Folmer Graflex whole plate holders with one of them having an after market 1/4 plate (film) insert in it?
    $100 for the Whole Plate Back and $100 for the whole plate extension rail? Shipping costs extra on these items.

Then I'll keep the remainder unless someone can make me an offer which I can't refuse, e.g., $75 for the front rail and $65 for the no name lens? I think it is a B&L RR. The glass is clean.

Jon

Here are some pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3-Eastman-WP-film-holders.jpg   No-Name-Convetible.B&L.jpg   Whole-Plate-Extension-Rail.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about $300 delivered to you in the USA for the 3 Eastman 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 natural brown color film holders?

$150 for the 2 Folmer Graflex whole plate holders with one of them having an after market 1/4 plate (film) insert in it?

The Eastman View #1 with without the extension rail, but with the WP back, $110 plus shipping/insurance and paypayl fees if paid for in that manner?

Probable "no name" RR f8 B&L lens in in a non working shutter with flange $60?

All items are plus shipping/insurance and paypal fees if paid for in that manner. 3% to APUG.

Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    bump

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Jon, how about a couple pictures of the camera, not that need another whole plate. Btw got the 2D cleaned up and started shooting with it, hope to process my first batch of film this weekend.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Thoms View Post
    Jon, how about a couple pictures of the camera, not that need another whole plate. Btw got the 2D cleaned up and started shooting with it, hope to process my first batch of film this weekend.

Roger
    That's great Roger. Look forward to seeing your results. I still have 3 whole plate cameras and find it a very pleasing film size. Although I have a few boxes of whole plate size film, I think the X-Ray film is a very promising option too given its inexpensive price.

I am attaching a few pictures of this old, but restorable Whole Plate Eastman View Camera. As one can see, it goes not have the gg nor is there a rear rail with it. There is small chip of wood missing on the rear standard.

$100 plus shipping/insurance and paypal fees if paid for in that manner.

There are also the Whole Plate holders listed for sale.

Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WP side view Eastman.JPG   WP other side view Eastman.JPG   WP back on Eastman.JPG   Eastman View Camera Plate.JPG   WP rear standard chip.JPG  

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin