Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,096   Online: 1001

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS Schneider 135mm Companon-S Enlarging lens

I have no use for this lens, which is Mint, like new, in the original box with the original caps, flawless glass, just lovely.

The Schneider Companon-S is one of those dream enlarging lenses. B&H has them on its web site (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Enlarging.html) for $700-plus right now.

This one, interestingly, has the original price tag on it which says $217. So, tell you what -- If that's what it's worth, that's what it's worth, I'll let it go for a mere $200, which means you are buying a 2012 lens at a 1980 price. I'm also willing to entertain sane offers.

Money talks, first $200 to my paypal summicron12000@yahoo.com gets free postage anywhere in the continental US AND I donate $10 to APUG (overseas i gotta get some postage, sorry).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sch lens1.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	58407

Name:	sch lens2.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	58408

Name:	sch lens3.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	58409

thanks, Charlie Trentelman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK, how about $150. Same deal, I pay postage on Continental US, I make $10 donation to APUG, you sit back and get a really really really really really nice lens delivered to you by a uniformed representative of the United States Government.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    can't believe this isn't flying out the door at this price. bumpity bummp bump!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    come on you guys, don't make me beg PLEASE!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by summicron1 View Post
    can't believe this isn't flying out the door at this price. bumpity bummp bump!
    You have misspelled it so people think you are selling a 4-element lens ("n" and "r" look similar on my monitor).

Shooter
    Multi Format

Correct Speling, from the box: Componon-S 5.6/135 Normal

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You have misspelled it so people think you are selling a 4-element lens ("n" and "r" look similar on my monitor).
    But the name in the picture Componon-S is spelled correctly because Germans know how to spel a lot beter than I du.

did I mention the box and lens caps are included free, no extra charge?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    sigh! OK, $140. same deal otherwise.

ct

Shooter
    Multi Format
    several people have asked -- it takes a 50mm jam nut that i don't have, or you screw it into a lens board with that large of a threaded hole, such as the Durst the other one in my basement is on. Adorama has the jam nuts for $14.50 http://www.adorama.com/RDJN50.html

$130 to compensate for the jam nut issue?????

here's adorama's ad for the same lens, only newer. Note the astonishingly higher price from Adorama-- it is amazing they're not coming after me.

http://www.adorama.com/SR604ACN.html
    Last edited by summicron1; 12-06-2012 at 10:00 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one of these and you are correct in that it is an excellent lens for 4x5. From the second image of the lens it looks like it may have a mild case of "schneideritis" This will have no appreciable affect on the images made with this lens and it will work as intended. My example has the same thing and I have never noticed a problem. Good luck with your sale.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin