Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,409   Online: 953

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yashica Lynx 5000e for sale

I got this about three years ago or so when I thought I was getting "into" rangefinders. Cosmetically, I doubt there will be many in this shape coming around, that's why I bought it in the first place. No dents, dings or damage on the camera. It is missing the battery door and one can see slight corrosion on the bottom of the battery compartment, although the battery compartment itself is clean. Lense has some dust and some spots but it looks like it is all on the outside. The case is in remarkable condition for it's age and is in almost perfect condition except for two very small scuff marks on the front, top half where the lens would be. Perhaps some black shoe polish would cover it up. The scuff is very minor. Rangefinder works and is very viewable, very good shape for it's age.

This was going to be a project camera as I was looking for a battery cover and simply forgot about it and got into other projects. I did try to see if the meter works with a cap and battery from my 14e and it did not light up. I believe I was told this when I purchased it and was no problem because it was going to go to Mark Hama (which I recommend you do). I don't have shutter tester however speeds sound about right, no oil on blades and EVERYTHING moves and works. I should mention to be fair that of course light seals on door are nice and sticky and old and deteriorating.

So what you have here is a very, very good appearance Lynx 5000e with a non operating meter with no battery door. In my opinion, if you are a Yashica rangefinder guy and you don't have a nice Lynx 5000e, then this is the one you have been waiting for. Yes it needs a CLA and a battery cap (I would buy a 14e or 5000e from the "Bay" that had a battery cap in horrible condition to complete this camera.......it's that nice if you can't tell from the pictures).....after that I believe you would have one of the nicest examples of this wonderful little camera. Pictures below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0711 for apug.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	254.4 KB 
ID:	58482Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0713 for apug.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	350.4 KB 
ID:	58483Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0716 for apug.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	235.4 KB 
ID:	58484Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0718 for apug.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	322.7 KB 
ID:	58485

I would like $60 and that is inclucing postage anywhere in the US. Paypal preferred.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok, any one go for $50? That will be the current asking price.

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, being it's getting close to the holidays and you will need to CLA this thing AND get a battery cap.......$30.00, again includes postage anywhere in the US.

Bob E.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    much less and you'll end up paying someone to take it....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sure its a beauty and cheap, except I am flat broke, good luck on the sale!
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is a really nice camera. The winder is so smooth and the shutter is so very quiet. I like how you can rotate the shutter speed and aperture at the same time and the EV stays the same.

I used mine without the meter and every single frame came out, unlike my ricoh 500 rangefinder.
    https://plus.google.com/113365479533...ts/XcYRZFzLPRg

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Let's try $20 to include postage anywhere in the USA.

Bob E.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alright you got me convinced Bob.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sold.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin