Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,957   Posts: 1,586,066   Online: 933

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: 4x5 Speed Graphic & Aero Ektar combo, located in Europe

I'm selling my trusty 4x5 Pacemaker Speed Graphic + Aero Ektar 178 (7") f/2.5 lens, the (in)famous combo

I'm asking 500 EUR net to me.

The camera, although not really in "minty" condition (see photos) still works as it should in every respect. Focal plane shutter works just fine (I'll provide a table with electronically measured focal plane speeds for the new owner).

The Aero Ektar has been mounted on a homemade SG lensboard, and attaches to the camera securely. I've also used a small wooden support on the front rails, on which the lens rests when in use: I didn't want to risk damage to the front panel (that lens is heavy....)
    Anyway, the combo works just great: I've taken one of my favorite photos with it - of my boys, some time ago: see HERE.

The camera does have one minor flaw: the tubular top viewfinder cannot be removed - it seems stuck, and I never wanted to force it in order to remove it - never felt the need to remove it, anyway. It works just fine as it is, but I thought I should mention it, nevertheless... Also, the back viewing hood catch is somewhat flimsy: but once folded, the catch clicks and the hood stays put, so it's not really an issue.
    The camera is equipped with ordinary ground glass (without fresnel): I've found the ordinary GG to actually work better than fresnel for critical focusing, which you REALLY need with the Aero Ektar (or perhaps it's just that my eyesight is going south....)

The lens is in good condition, with some small dust and a couple of small "droplet" blemishes inside - those look like dried water drops (I've tried to show it in one of the photos). However, I've never had any problems with those "blemishes" - the photos taken with this lens were always excellent. Any errors were solely due to operator error
    The lens also shows some very slight yellowing - probably just barely visible in the attached photos. If you intend to use the combo for color work, I'd suggest curing it fully under UV light (or on a sunny window), which should remove the yellowing. Since I've mostly done B&W work with it, it never bothered me.

The rangefinder works OK, although it is NOT adjusted for the Aero Ektar, but for the standard issue 127/4.7 Ektar lens.
    Anyway, as Frank Petronio once said, using the Aero Ektar with the Speed Graphic rangefinder is akin to playing lottery, at best
    However, if you really want the rangefinder adjusted for the AE lens, I can do that for you, for additional nominal fee.

Since I'm in Croatia, I guess this package will be of interest primarily to EU members: shipping cost to USA will be at least in the $55-$60 range for the cheapest option, plus insurance and tracking.

Shipping to EU should be something like 30 to 40 EUR, depending on options. I'd prefer to send it insured, with tracking, for everyone's sake... The package is very close to 5 kg!
    For the buyers from EU, I'd prefer payment by bank transfer: I'll provide my IBAN for that purpose.

The potential buyers from USA will have to wait a bit: I'll first have to register as a seller with PayPal - which will also take a while (credit card hassles...), and which I'm not keen to do, unless absolutely necessary - so I'll first see if anyone from Europe might be interested.

Any questions or additional photos, just ask. You can also contact me by email, denple "at" gmail com.

For any sale realized,a percentage goes to apug.

Regards,

Denis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF7553.JPG   DSCF7546.JPG   DSCF7551.JPG   DSCF7538.JPG   DSCF7554.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    WOW! What an interesting, fantastic combination...hope this finds a good home.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good price too. The lens alone sells for more than that sometimes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM Sent :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold pending payment...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin