Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,241   Online: 725

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Pentax 6x7 Set (that needs some love), Rollei Tropic Hardcase, BH-40 with ASII LR, Mi

Looking to sell some stuff that doesnít get enough (or in some cases any) use. I have positive feedback on Fourthirdsphoto, FredMiranda, Pentaxforums and GetDPI as Albino_BlacMan and on ebay as ctp046.

All prices include shipping unless otherwise noted. I accept most payment methods. All prices are negotiable and I'm happy to do package deal. If any of my prices are way out of line feel free to fire me a PM.

Pentax 6x7 with 150/2.8 and 55/3.5 - $380 but Iím open to offers

Taken from the Mayo Clinic Website:

The possibilities of Pentax 6x7 therapy are enticing ó increase your muscle mass, sharpen your memory and concentration, boost your libido, and improve your energy level. As you get older, Pentax 6x7 therapy may sound like the ultimate anti-aging formula. Well actually theyíre talking about Testosterone therapy but this thing will do the same thing for you. When you see the size (pictures donít do it justice) and hear the bang (I said bang not click) of tripping the shutter youíll release this is pure manliness (Or womanliness if youíre not a man! I donít discriminate.)

This one is however in need of some love. Weíll start with the not so good. Itís well used and shows it. Thereís a small ding on the prism. When you look through the viewfinder you see a black dot which appears to be in the prism. Maybe itís from the ding, Iím not sure. It shows quite a bit of brassing, thereís some leatherette missing, the strap lugs are missing (Iím sure they Mayo clinic would recommend you donít hang something this size around your neck though). Also the light seals look like they might need a checkup. Finally I donít know if the shutter speeds are correct. Fast speeds seem on, slow speeds Iím not sure on. Bulb doesnít stay open until you release the shutter and mirror is slow to come back down sometimes. Not film tested
    Now for the good! It shoots 6x7 negatives with a SLR form factor. No silly waist level viewfinders, just straight TTL prism! Focus screen is clean! You get the meterless prism! (Much rarer and more expensive in cameras like the Nikon F/F2 so itís got to be good right!) Honestly you get an enormous uncluttered viewfinder that puts every 35mm SLR to shame. This is 70ís Pentax build quality so you can bang in nails and use the camera to stop a bullet and then keep on shooting.
    Lenses Ė 150/2.8 shows a big dent on the filter ring. Exterior shows a lot of brassing. However, glass looks clean and clear. Aperture is smooth and snappy, apertures blades look clean and oil free and focus is smooth.
    55/3.5 Ė This thing is nice. Exterior shows quite a bit of brassing. Optics look really good. No marks or anything. Focus is smooth, aperture is snappy and the aperture blades look clean and oil free. Classic Pentax build quality which is generally amazing. Oh and did I mention itís bigÖ Filter size is 100mm.

Rollei Tropical Case (Hardcase) with desiccant Ė $225 - Good condition. The case shows minor paint loss where it opens and closes. Nothing I would consider serious (but thatís for you to decide). You can get a sense of it from the pictures. The inside is clean but there is one spot on the back of the Rollei logo where one of bumper pads came off. I have the pad so you just have to stick it back on. I also have another pad that seems to not have been installed yet. Also comes with desiccant cartridge which is pretty neat. It consists of a glass tube full of purple crystals which I assume were the original silica gel. These seem to be a little hard to find in good condition with everything like desiccant included so Iím not sure about price. If youíre interested PM me and weíll work something out.

Really Right Stuff BH-40 with AS II LR - $340 - Itís been used almost entirely inside. Only place that shows noticeable wear is the bottom (mount) which is because it was mounted on a tripod. If you closely Iím sure you can find small scratches and stuff. Comes with RRS condura pouch. Only selling because I have a BH-55 on the way (I wonít sell it until my BH-55 arrives but that should be either today or tomorrow).

Super-Tak 1:3.5 35mm Hood Ė $5 + shipping Ė shows wear but it works.

Pentax Strap - $5 + shipping Ė I think itís a strap at least. Still in unopened bag.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    pm sent for p 6x7 kit

Shooter
    35mm
    One of the prism Ding

Shooter
    35mm
    Sure wish I hadn't sold my 6x7. Got it for $100 with the 90/2.4 when a local photog was closing up shop. Still kicking myself for selling it.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a cool camera! $100 was a steal! Why not relive the dream with this one!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ah, Pentax 6x7 = my dream camera Some day!

Shooter
    35mm
    Pipyr, it's definitely worth it, and AlbinoBlacMan's looks like its in good shape. I'd jump on it, if my gear needs weren't in other directions right now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    okto, I totally would too, if my finances weren't in other directions right now, lol. Seems like an excellent deal!

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for all the positive comments on here! My real name is Chris BTW. AlbinoBlacMan was my gamer tag a long long time ago, but I just got used to typing it and it hasn't been taken on every forum I've tried

Shooter
    35mm
    BH-55 arrived so the is BH-40 officially for sale.

Open to offers on all items

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin