Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,961   Online: 912

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    All.

Sincerely apologize for not updating this thread earlier with 'Sold'. Thought I had done so. Once again, mea culpa.

Shooter
    Large Format
    So how is the camera? I just got the PTB 617 and it is great except for two things - front tilt is hard to do since unlike the Chamonix it has an extra screw control (i.e. two on each side of front standard) and there is a small metal plate at the bottom of where the lens boards go in and it stops a Chamonix lens board from being fully mounted. Unscrewing and reversing that plate will allow you to mount those kind of boards. Otherwise, it is very light and the film back looks well made, the view camera is nice but not the same quality as the Chamonix which I kind of knew would be the case - but for the price you get so much flexibility (assuming you already own LF lenses) and movements. Can't wait to take it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin