Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,057   Online: 841

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Shen Hao TFC-617A Panoramic View Camera

Shen Hao TFC-617A panoramic view camera with factory installed fresnel lens, Roll Film Back and 7 Shen Hao lens boards.

Mint condition. Purchased new. Used twice.

$950 - Free shipping in CONUS

Specs from Shen Hao website:
    -CAMERA TYPE:Non-Folding
    -BELLOWS DRAW EXTENSION:65 - 310mm
    -Weight/Dimensions:2.2kg / 200 x 260 x 140mm
    -MATERIAL USED:Black Walnut, Aluminum Alloy
    -FRONT:Rise 56mm, Fall 22mm, Shift ±36mm, Swing ±45° , Tilt ±20°
    -REAR:Rise 58mm, Swing ±10° , Tilt ±11°
    -FORMAT:6x17cm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent. Interested in the camera, can do PayPal.

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, Luc..... bought it this week... I will let you know how it works for me.... Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You lucky devil, I am sure you will enjoy it. Let me know how it goes :-)

That is why I did not get an answer to my PM from the seller.
    Cheers,

Luc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So Luc, if you come across the Rockies, you can always visit the camera in Canmore and even take it for a spin.
    I love panoramics ..... earlier this year I got a nice Canham 5x7 traditional with the motorized 617 back but never bonded with it.... somewhat fussy but beautifully made.
    One of the issues with these film cameras is that the closest store for me to view and handle the beasts is either seattle or columbus. So one has to buy it, try it and if it doesn't work
    for you, then sell it.
    I also have an art panoramic 617 with a 90 f8 Nikkor.... a great point and shoot. But i want to use a 75mm all the way up to my 360 nikkor..... and a lot of the film i do in this size is
    for wedding portraits here in the mountains. The little nobles 135U I have used for years is a little small and harder to scan/print than the 617 which is why I am trying the shen hao.

A little nervous about quality as the only shen hao I have ever seen was purchased by a close friend here in Canmore and it was garbage. Many issues.... so much lacquer that you couldn't
    fit the film holder in under the gg. Jeff at Badger speaks highly of their quality now so it will be fun to see it. Picking it up in Bozeman next week on a road trip. Maybe pano shots of Yellowstone
    in winter.
    Will let you know impressions.
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So Luc, if you come across the Rockies, you can always visit the camera in Canmore and even take it for a spin.
    I love panoramics ..... earlier this year I got a nice Canham 5x7 traditional with the motorized 617 back but never bonded with it.... somewhat fussy but beautifully made.
    One of the issues with these film cameras is that the closest store for me to view and handle the beasts is either seattle or columbus. So one has to buy it, try it and if it doesn't work
    for you, then sell it.
    I also have an art panoramic 617 with a 90 f8 Nikkor.... a great point and shoot. But i want to use a 75mm all the way up to my 360 nikkor..... and a lot of the film i do in this size is
    for wedding portraits here in the mountains. The little nobles 135U I have used for years is a little small and harder to scan/print than the 617 which is why I am trying the shen hao.

A little nervous about quality as the only shen hao I have ever seen was purchased by a close friend here in Canmore and it was garbage. Many issues.... so much lacquer that you couldn't
    fit the film holder in under the gg. Jeff at Badger speaks highly of their quality now so it will be fun to see it. Picking it up in Bozeman next week on a road trip. Maybe pano shots of Yellowstone
    in winter.
    Will let you know impressions.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Richard,

Ok I think that you are set for panoramic cameras :-)
    The feed-back on the latest Shen-Hao seems to be very good so you probably have nothing to worry about. I know that my Chamonix 45N-2 is very well made.
    We were around Banff, Lake Louise and Yoho a couple of summers ago and just loved it so much. The Iceline Trail in Yoho is one of my favourite...
    BTW in Banff there was a gallery with some nice pano that could have been with one of the 617. I do not remember the name of the photographer and the student in attendance had no idea of what I was talking about.
    Let me know how it goes. I am still thinking about a SHen-Hao PTB617 which look like the same concept than my Chamonix (that is how I rationalize my lust).

Cheers,

Luc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Luc..... heading to Bozeman tomorrow and the shen hao awaits. Hope I don't run into a lot of snow.... Pincher Creek had winds of 100kph today so I am leaving in the morning.
    I think I know who did the panos of which you speak.... nice work.... i will find the name and send it to you.... check Avens Gallery in Canmore.
    I didn't want to get the PTB model as i don't like that chamonix style knob focusing and need the extra bellows length nor a nikkor 360T... and that was a sweet deal. If it doesn't work
    out to my needs, I will likely post it here and on large format forum for sale but at this point, it should be fine.
    Must go pack film..... and that silly D800 thingamabob.
    Ciao
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jolimon View Post
    Hi Luc..... heading to Bozeman tomorrow and the shen hao awaits. Hope I don't run into a lot of snow.... Pincher Creek had winds of 100kph today so I am leaving in the morning.
    I think I know who did the panos of which you speak.... nice work.... i will find the name and send it to you.... check Avens Gallery in Canmore.
    I didn't want to get the PTB model as i don't like that chamonix style knob focusing and need the extra bellows length nor a nikkor 360T... and that was a sweet deal. If it doesn't work
    out to my needs, I will likely post it here and on large format forum for sale but at this point, it should be fine.
    Must go pack film..... and that silly D800 thingamabob.
    Ciao
    Richard
    Could luck and good driving. If you don't like it let me know before you post it :-)

Cheers,

Luc

Shooter
    Medium Format

receipt

Hi Ben... love the camera.... perfectly packed and shipped. I hope you see this message as I need a receipt for going across the border in two days.
    Can you email me please with the $950 invoice.... thanks.
    Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin