Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,023   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak Retina IIIc with Xenar 35mm lens

Absolute jewel of a German camera. It is my favorite 35mm. But I simply have too many cameras and I'm only shooting MF and LF these days. The camera works great. There are rub marks here and there, but nothing out of the ordinary. The meter is operational and gives reasonable measurements. At least as good as one can expect from this kind of a meter. The shutter sounds accurate and the self timer works fine. The lens is deadly sharp. Included is the Xenar f5.6 35mm wide angle lens with a home-made resemblance of a viewfinder .

$110 shipped in US.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_5480.JPG   DSC_5482.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And shipped.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank god...

I really, really wanted this, Eugene. Almost clicked you yesterday. But I want a new vacuum easel even more.

Thanks for getting this sold so quickly.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ken,

You should have PM'd me. I sold it to a buyer in Span. The shipping cost was outrageous and I'll be worrying sick about this camera until it arrives, because Retina's meter is rather delicate and does not like the throwing around they do with international packages. I could have driven to Seattle and back for less than I paid for shipping. Oh well, at least I have more space on my shelves now .

Eugene.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin