Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,055   Posts: 1,561,364   Online: 1056

Shooter
    Multi Format

Bronica SQ-Ai kit

For sale is a Bronica SQ-Ai kit including the Ai body, a 50mm lens, Waist level finder, one 120 film back, two 220 film backs, and the Bronica strap. The body, lens and finder are in mint condition with no sign of use. All functions work as new, focus silky smooth, glass pristine, shutter accurate, winder smooth. Focusing screen clear and bright with a microprism collar around a horizontal split screen. The film backs are all in excellent condition with some very light signs of use, they all function as new. The 220 backs can easily be converted to use 120 film, you just have to remember to count the frames after the DIY conversion. I can't say enough about the Bronica SQ-Ai system and the high quality of the lenses. The camera is very similar to the Hasselblad in form and function but relies on electronics to operate the in-lens shutters, making them more reliable, IMO. The lenses are as sharp as the Zeiss and also have a very nice, smooth bokeh and rendering that sets the subject apart from the background. The system includes a large amount of accessories such as motor drives, AE finders, 35mm film backs, etc. You will not run out of things to buy if you so desire. And even better, all the items are at rock bottom prices lately, you can put together a system for a song. For instance, a zeiss 40mm wide angle is about $1200 now, the Zenzanon (Bronica) is about $300.00. This price discrepency is found in all accessories. This kit will get you started, I have many other items for the system that I will be selling soon. Thanks, Bob Nancarrow.

Price for this kit is $490.00

P.S. I'm new to this forum, being a lurker/reader for some time now. I have a great history on RFF and photonet and the "bay. Never any problems and I will always grant a refund if a fellow photog is not happy with any of my gear. I take very good care of my gear and like to trade to different systems occassionally.

I wish to restrict the sale/shipping to the USA for now but will consider international if the buyer contacts me and we talk about shipping, his forum history, etc. I live in southeast Michigan. Prices include shipping and fees. Thanks all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bigsalelensesbronicas 042.JPG   Bigsalelensesbronicas 044.JPG   Bigsalelensesbronicas 046.JPG   Bigsalelensesbronicas 047.JPG   Bigsalelensesbronicas 049.JPG  

Last edited by nanthor; 10-30-2012 at 07:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added location

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the 50mm is the sharpest lens I've used on this camera.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    PM sent

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ijeff View Post
    PM sent
    You're going to like it! Get a "Speed Grip S" for it from KEH ($40 or so) and it becomes a whole different camera...much easier to hold.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can add a 150mm lens (in mint condition) to this set for an additional $100.00. That's a pretty good deal, $590 shipped for a mint condition sq-ai kit with 50mm and 150mm lenses and 3 backs with WLF. I'm keeping one of my SQ-ai's and a whole set of lenses and a couple finders. I find the system to be the best in terms of IQ, price point, handling, and weight. I've had and have both the Hassy system and the Rollei sl66 system and my favorite of all for all the reasons mentioned is the SQ-Ai system. I think you'll agree if you just take a chance on this starter kit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like to use mine with the 45 degree prism finder and speed grip.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree, the 45 degree finder is great with either the speed grip or the motor drive grip. It seems to be the brightest of all the finders and also the one where you are positioned most comfortably. I have a motor drive grip available as well as polaroid backs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Item has sold, thank you all. Bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin