Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,937   Online: 940

Shooter
    Multi Format

Plaubel Makina W67 camera

This Plaubel Makina W67 camera is almost entirely in mint- condition. The camera sports the remarkable Nikkor 55mm f4.5 lens which is pristine, no haze, no cleaning marks, no fungus, I can't even find any dust. The camera looks like new, there is no wear, no rubbing marks, the finish is like it looked when new. The winder feels smooth and sure with no glitches or uneven spots. The shutter speeds are accurate. The viewfinder is clean and clear, the rangefinder is bright and easy to see and lined up in both aspects, it is accurate. The bellows look new, there are no light leaks. If you look closely at the photos you will see that the camera has had very light use. I have always set the distance scale to infinity prior to closing the bellows and have always opened and closed the bellows slowly and carefully, these actions prevent unwanted problems. The inside of the camera looks new. The foam light seals are in good condition and work. I would replace them in the next year or two though, they are starting to lose their resilience. This is a DIY job. Now, the issue, though small, IMO, is that the bottom of the camera has a few thin cracks in it. These are in the plastic-like black covering which is only about 1/32 inch thick. It is not in the body of the camera itself and it has no effect on the use of the camera whatsoever. The areas affected do not move or flex, it is strictly cosmetic. Other than that, this might be the best looking Makina you will find, and certainly the best for the price.

Price is $1890.00 shipped in USA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails makinabessaIIIsale 002.jpg   makinabessaIIIsale 003.jpg   makinabessaIIIsale 015.jpg   makinabessaIIIsale 010.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I too have a Plaubel W67, and find it a remarkable camera. When the lens is retracted, it is a great carry camera that produces that large 6 X 7 image. And though I have other medium format SLRs, using this rangefinder MF camera makes focusing that much easier. I recommend it, both because of what it can do and because of how it holds its value.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have the 670 and I love it. Super crisp images that look like they were made with a 4x5 until you start enlarging past 16x20. Always wanted the 67w. It's 120 only right? My only concern is the viewfinder - I'd imagine that with a 55mm you'd probably have the lens in the way of the finder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Surprisingly, the lens is not in the way of the VF, at least not much. The VF lines are a little curved, which is strange, they look like "pincushioned" lines and because of that they are not too accurate at least for me since I'm used to parallel lines in a VF. This camera only uses 120 film. It is a good match for the standard 670 because the case looks the same with the horizontal fins look. Bob.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    man oh man i want this camera. crossing fingers my stuff sells
    www.johndensky.com
    www.mediumlondon.com

"its a box, it captures light"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm willing to ship to members outside the USA, but I do need to insure for the actual value, and the shipping cost and insurance is on the buyer, just contact me, Thanks, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is so damn pretty!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks! And even though it's a boxy shape, it feels as good as it looks. Bob Nancarrow.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Hi,

Is your 67 still for sale ?
    cheers
    jon

Quote Originally Posted by nanthor View Post
    This Plaubel Makina W67 camera is almost entirely in mint- condition. The camera sports the remarkable Nikkor 55mm f4.5 lens which is pristine, no haze, no cleaning marks, no fungus, I can't even find any dust. The camera looks like new, there is no wear, no rubbing marks, the finish is like it looked when new. The winder feels smooth and sure with no glitches or uneven spots. The shutter speeds are accurate. The viewfinder is clean and clear, the rangefinder is bright and easy to see and lined up in both aspects, it is accurate. The bellows look new, there are no light leaks. If you look closely at the photos you will see that the camera has had very light use. I have always set the distance scale to infinity prior to closing the bellows and have always opened and closed the bellows slowly and carefully, these actions prevent unwanted problems. The inside of the camera looks new. The foam light seals are in good condition and work. I would replace them in the next year or two though, they are starting to lose their resilience. This is a DIY job. Now, the issue, though small, IMO, is that the bottom of the camera has a few thin cracks in it. These are in the plastic-like black covering which is only about 1/32 inch thick. It is not in the body of the camera itself and it has no effect on the use of the camera whatsoever. The areas affected do not move or flex, it is strictly cosmetic. Other than that, this might be the best looking Makina you will find, and certainly the best for the price.

Price is $1890.00 shipped in USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin