Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,630   Online: 965

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FS: My 8x10 Kodak Master Kit: Camera, lenses, holders, ries tripod, etc...

This is a REALLY tough set to let go. But I frankly don't see any other way for me to continue ahead in my career-change w/o letting this go.

This has been pieced together over the last 2yrs since I started shooting 8x10, but upon close examination of prints, drum scans and overall, where/what/how I want to photograph down the road, I'm not committed enough to keep this wonderful set of equipment

Here's what is up for sale, I'll take pictures in the next day or two, once I have some space to set up and get everything out and together

Camera
    1. Kodak Master 8x10 camera $1100
    w/ original bellows, comes w/ 8x10 back(see extra 5x7 back which will be for sale separately if the buyer of the KMV doesn't want to buy it with the camera). Has NEW threaded tripod bushing installed!
    2. Kodak Master 5x7 back(available separately if buyer of camera doesn't want it) $200
    3. Kodak Master-->Sinar lensboard adapter. $350
    Just had this made by SKG, cost me close to $400 after buying a new board from Michael, and the cost of the adapter with SKG.

Lenses/boards
    4. Schneider Triple-Convertible Symmar 210/405/325mm
    Covers 8x10 w/ movements. This is a dagor-design lens, FYI. Mounted in a well-running Compur shutter.
    This looks single coated, has some light marks on front element. Light dust internally. Nothing that impacts performance.
    Great lens for b/w, has worked well for color too!
    Comes w/ both caps(neither original, but fit well), and is mounted to a Sinar lensboard.
    Working flash sync!
    $450

5. 12in/6.8 Goerz Dagor
    S/N # X12-22-64 (A friend of mine, he's also on this forum, and is more knowledgable on lenses/history than myself believes this to be a comparable lens to a Gold-Dot Dagor.) Cannot guarantee that though.
    Has some EXTREMELY FINE hairline scratches on the front/rear elements, and has some MINOR internal dust. Nothing that has impeded fine picture taking by myself!
    Mounted in a Ilex #4(Acme) shutter. Slow speeds seem a tad slow, nothing bad for b/w. Color just stop down a bit more ;-).
    Flange-mounted to a Sinar lensboard.
    Has both caps(non original).
    Working flash sync!
    $750

6. 14"/f7.7 Goerz Dagor
    S/N # 771643
    Uncoated, older model. Reputed to cover 12x20, not sure since I've only shot up to 8x10. Super sharp performer, and has worked well for color shooting as well!
    Has 77mm filter adapter. Has 77mm snap-cap for front, push-on cap for rear.
    Mounted in a #4 Ilex(Acme) shutter. *JUST* CLA'd by Carol Flutot this last week. Runs super smooth!
    Lens is flange-mounted to a Sinar lensboard. Minor internal dust, nothing that's impeded me making great negs/chromes with it!
    Working flash sync!
    $1200

7. 19in Goerz Red-Dot Artar(aluminum barrel)
    S/N# 832115
    Factory-mounted in a #4 Ilex Universal shutter. Speeds seem fine, film looks like I wanted it to.
    Has some internal dust, nothing that's affected my film. Has a "homebrew" slip-on filter adapter(to take 77mm filters) installed by myself. See pictures. Can remove w/ no ill affects costmetically if you choose.
    Comes w/ push-on rear cap, and 77mm snap-cap.
    Working flash sync!
    Flange-mounted to Sinar lensboard.
    $750

8. 24in/F11 Goerz Red-Dot Artar(brass barrel)
    Mounted by SKGrimes into a black-ring Copal #3 shutter.
    Has SKGrimes custom-made lenscaps as well!
    S/N#787124
    Shutter is running pretty much perfectly that I can tell, but don't have hardcore #'s on exact speeds ;-)
    Flange-mounted to a Sinar lensboard.
    Some very small/extremely light marks on the outer front element, nothing that's created a problem with my film!
    $900

HOLDERS

9. (22) 8x10 Fidelity/Lisco Regal II holders
    All holders are pretty clean, I'm the 2nd owner on all of them. Bought them from a retired art-copy photographer who shot primarily 4x5, but had an 8x10 system that he used occasionally.
    $50ea
    ***Buy (5) holders, and I'll toss in a free carrying case(see the video link below showing each one, holds 5 holders nicely ***

10. Gnass 8x10 holder case
    Blue. Works well, as intended.
    $50

11. (5) 5x7 Fidelity Deluxe Holders
    Have seen considerable use, but are dependable and work as intended.
    $25ea
    Tripod

12. Ries tripod(almost identical to current "A" series)
    Has seen use, but is super strong, and legs have no splitting or maladies that will compromise stability.
    Head is the non-side-tilting model. Head was purchased earlier this year, brand new. Barely used. Has 1/4-20 mounting screw installed.
    $575 for the combo

Cases

13. Strebor case(for camera/5x7 back)
    Great condition, has some rub marks, but is super solid, and holds the camera like it was made for it!
    $250

14. Kelty backpack:
    Kinda dusty, but a good vacuuming should remedy that . Holds all the lenses securely, and is very comfortable to wear, even for long day hikes!
    $175

***Please see the video link once its finished uploading and I've posted it***

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    well youtube has decided that my 18min video is "too long" after waiting almost 2hrs for it to upload.... f**kers could have told me that from the beginning...

Let me see if I can get an alternative online host to get it up this evening. Will keep ya'll posted with a link once I have it

thanks,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    is your website a joke?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OKEY DOKEY:

(5) 8x10 Holders + free carrying bag are SOLD

2 parties have expressed interest in the KMV, both serious

here's the video link:

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v39768752HHXSetpw

pictures tomorrow

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    is your website a joke?
    my website has been hacked, thanks for pointing that out. My friend built it for me, since I don't know sh*t about computers or their goings-on...

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    here's what's still available:

KMV camera w/8x10 back
    Sinar adapter board (only for sale w/ camera, or after camera sells)
    8.25 Triple-Convertible lens
    12in Dagor
    19in RD Artar
    24in RD Artar
    (7) 8x10 holders (all holder bags are sold)
    (10) 5x7 holders

thanks,

Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KMV + Sinar adapter board are still for sale.

just a little "fyi" on a small detail on the camera: I had a new tripod bushing(threaded insert) mchined for the camera recently, the original one was completely worn out, so this new one(not brass, but an alloy that will resist MUCH more wear and tear than standard brass can) will give another 40-50yrs of dependable service IMO, if we're still here then !

Dan

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Did you ever sell the KMV? (guessing the answer is yes, but...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, KMV sold locally.

thx,
    Dan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin