Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,866   Online: 841

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Rollei SL66e (integral meter)/ 80mm lens

It's a gorgeous camera, but too much for me. I bought this SL66e thinking it would become my "Hasselblad with a meter", with bonus macro and tilt movement capability, but there's just too much to it--I'll stay with my 501 C/M. Google SL66 for specs on all the 66's, and BTW: according to the site, only 1500 of these "e" models were made between 1982 and 1986. Every feature functions well. Glass is fine (Rollei 80mm HFT, which I believe is Zeiss). Cosmetics are excellent. The meter matched my digital Sekonic, and resulting images went head to head with my Hasselblad. Lens, cap, 120/220 combination back, strap, fresh battery, and finder are included, as is a disk with manuals, brochures, lenses, accessories, etc. These cameras are listed for crazy prices on eBay. I am selling for $1400.00US, PayPal, shipped USA for $20.00.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1-002.JPG   1-003.JPG  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is the ideal camera for people who want to do close-ups in medium format!

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slixtiesix View Post
    This is the ideal camera for people who want to do close-ups in medium format!
    I'll make this shorter: The Ideal Camera!

I have one - will never go back to Hasselblad!

It is also fantastic IF you want to adapt old brass lenses on a new body - due to the bellows!

see image..

Worth every penny!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rollei-me3.jpg  

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'll take it.
    PM sent.
    Robert N.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the ideal camera for photographers! "G": Didn't try the brass road yet .... how are you 'overcome' the bayonet ? "R" you will love this camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can't you see how the lens is mounted? Duck Tape!!! (duct tape). I think I've seen universal mounts on the bay in the past for the sl66, kinda like a lensboard idea. One note, I don't think you can use the meter with anything but the rollei lenses that have the e-ring, like the one pictured in the ad. They don't work in stop down mode. There's a lever near the lens mount that the lens e-ring engages and it's a function of the aperture ring moving. If that lever doesn't move a little when the lens is mounted, the meter does not turn on. If anyone knows how to use the camera in stop down mode, please let me know, since I could be wrong here. bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sold, pending payment...Voyager

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ...the camera is sold, but I'll leave the ad up for a couple more days--seems to be sidebar going about mounting brass lenses...thanks to those who contacted me, thank you to the gentleman who purchased and quickly paid, and thanks to APUG for supplying this feature (% to APUG shortly)...Voyager

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    a piece of card board - som educt tape - that's it...

I don't use the light meter - use a hand held one..

I'll show a couple of images made this way.. see attachments.

First with an old Lancaster landscape lens

two next with a small kino petzval.. swirl an'all..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lancaster.jpg   kylling.jpg   swirl01.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks; now I have to start looking for old brass lenses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin