Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,906   Posts: 1,555,860   Online: 882

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Big Canon FD Kit for Sale. Two bodies fd35_f2 50_1.4 100_2.8 28_2.8 50/135_f3.5

Hi Everybody

I'm selling my entire Canon FD kit. I'm going to focus on one system only (haven't decided yet between my Nikon F or Olympus OM-1 system)

Everything I'm selling is in excellent working condition (with a few minor exceptions).

All prices given are without shipping. Shipping depends on where in the world you are, so email me for quotes.

Here's the link to all the pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mhartma...7631980933643/

Cameras:

First up is a very very nice Canon FTb with a 50mm f1.8. This camera is in almost like new condition, with hardly any wear to the body (only some slight marks to the bottom plate).
    I changed all the light seals and the mirror bumper when I got it a year and a half ago so they are all in great condition. The meter is working accurately with the correct 1.35 mercury battery (I three of them but am keeping them to use with my Nikon or Olympus kit). So the camera will be sold without a battery. All the shutter speeds are right on the mark. You will be hard pressed to find a nicer canon FTb. The 50mm f1.8 lens is also working great, it does show a little more wear (it didn't originally come with the camera) but it gets the job done. I would like 60 pounds for this wonderful camera.

Next up is a Canon A1. This camera is a little special since it belonged to the Danish Navy. It must have been a backup camera though, because it has hardly any wear on it (the original plastic protection cover for the bottom plate is still there!)
    Only slight minus is a slight dent to the prism next to the viewfinder window. All functions work as intended. All light seals and mirror bumper are in great condition. It does have a slight canon cough but it hasn't affected the usability of the camera while I've had it ( six months).

There is also a motor drive for the the A1. It too is in great condition both functionally and cosmetically. I would like 40 pounds for the canon and 20 pounds for the motor drive.

The Lenses:

First up is the famous first version of the Canon FD 35mm f2 with the thorium glass. This lens is one of the sharpest lenses I've ever owned (and the best 35mm lens) and is the main reason I've stuck with canon for so long.
    The glass is in great condition focus is smooth and firm and the aperture is dry and snappy. The one slight minus is that the front barrel has loosened a little (the front chrome part of the lens) there are three screws behind the front ring (where all the lettering is written) and these need to be tightened a little. I would do it myself but I don't have the right rubber tool to unscrew the front ring. If you have the right tool you can do it yourself or you can send it to someone like Michael Spencer and spend 10-20 pounds to have him do it. It is only the front part of the barrel that you can wiggle a little the glass itself is unaffected so it can be used as is if you want.
    I originally bought this lens along with the 100mm f2.8 from a photographer who took very good care of his stuff the both glass and cosmetics look impeccable. It comes with a front cap, rear cap and original lens hood.
    I would like 120 pounds for this lens.

Then there is the Canon FD 50mm f1.4. I had this lens cleaned and relubed by Michael Spencer in the UK. There is a tiny bit of balsam separation in the rear group (impossible to capture in a photo) but it doesn't seem to have any affect on the pictures. This lens renders beautifully. The focus is smooth but quite firm (firmer than any of the other lenses I have for sale here) aperture is snappy and working correctly. It comes with a front cap and rear cap but no lens hood. I would like 50 pounds for this great lens.

Next up is the Canon FD 100mm f2.8. This lens looks almost like new. The barrel has no wear, glass is in superb condition, and all functions work as they should. It comes with a front cap, rear cap and original lens hood. I would like to have 60 pounds for this.

Next to last there is a Canon FD "new" 28mm f2.8. This lens also looks like new. All functions work as they should. Focus is buttery smooth. It comes with a front cap, original Tulip shaped lens hood, but no rear cap. I would like 40 pounds for this.

Last but not least there is a Canon FD "new" 50-135mm f3.5 (constant aperture) zoom lens. All functions work as they should. Focus is buttery smooth. It comes with a front cap, original lens hood but no rear cap. I would like to get 35 pounds for this lens.

Misc. Stuff:

I have a canon FD to M42 adaptor a canon FL 25mm extension tube (also works with fd lenses in stop down mode) and a third party 2x tele convertor. Take all three for 20 pounds.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A1-1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	59599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fd35-1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	900.7 KB 
ID:	59600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fd100-1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	895.1 KB 
ID:	59601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fd28-1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	901.4 KB 
ID:	59602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fd50-135-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	895.9 KB 
ID:	59603Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fd50-3.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	897.5 KB 
ID:	59604
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ftb1.jpg  
    Last edited by loman; 11-11-2012 at 09:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Canon FD 35mm f2, 100mm f2.8 and 50-135mm f3.5 zoom are now sold.
    Everything else is still available.
    Make me an offer. I might just say yes!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Bump...
    Taking offers.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin