Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,546   Posts: 1,572,891   Online: 997

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

FS - 4x5 Speed Graphic

I bought this a while back to rip apart and put the focal plane shutter on a larger camera. But I'm clearly never going to get around to it, so someone might as well use this thing. The handle has been removed and a little metal box along the side. I was given these parts in a bag, shown in one of the photos. It does seem to have the 'drop down' front bed. There are silver adjustable stop things in the front, which I believe, you use to set an exact place when pulling out your lens quickly.

The shutter fires. I watched it through all the settings and curtains and they all seem to be different, but I have no way to actually test the speeds. It's all a little rough as you can see, includes one lens board as shown, but seems perfectly usable to me.

I have $120 in it after paypal fees, and that's all I need to get out of it. I think it will fit in a medium flat rate box, so $12 shipping in the USA.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How's the rangefinder, in terms of clarity of the double image? I have a pacemaker that has a weak RF and might be willing to pony up if I can salvage the RF on this as well.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No idea. I don't even know what part the range finder would be. I never intended to use this as a camera, just a shutter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's the thing on the left side (when seen from the front) that says "Kalart". If you look into it from the back (there's only one window on that side), and move the focus knob on the front bed, you should see a double image in the center (will look yellowish) that, when matched up, tells you that the camera is "in focus" for the object in the RF.

When the coating on the internal elements degrade, the double image becomes very faint, and hence difficult to tell when you're actually in focus. A good RF will have a clear second image (that shifts around up & down) when you move the focus knob, and will be clear when it aligns with the actual image.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Checked and the guy I bought it from says the rangefinder is missing parts, so I would assume it isn't going to work correctly.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ah, k, thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The ground glass looks good, though, and this can make a very fun kit to try out small barrel lenses.

Uh, not that I would know *anything* about that. Nope. Nosireebob.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    offers, offers, whose got an offer? It's Speed Graphic Black Monday (?) ! Or maybe Black Tuesday, just starting a day ahead.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any holes or tears in the shutter?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Not that I can see. The guy I bought it from said he had been using the focal plane shutter as well as some lenses in shutter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin