Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,694   Online: 961

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Schneider Xenar 150 on a Copal 0 press shutter for Wista

What a strange little fellow. I have never seen another like this. I bought it not knowing what it looked like. It arrived. I have two, well I have one for my Technika. I don't need two lenses of the same focal distance. Now this lens is not normal looking. It doesn't have an inner ring on the front. Along with the lens came a rather large step ring that allows for filters to be screwed on. There's a protective filter as well. Front and rear lens caps. All shutter speeds seem accurate. It's not anywhere near a perfect condition. Probably could use a good cleaning. I spent more than I'm asking. I'm going to offer this for sale for the person out there that needs a good but cheap piece of glass to get started in large format. That's the only way it makes sense to buy this lens unless you like ugly ducklings. How about $100 plus shipping?

150 mm
    f5.6 - f45
    Copal 0
    shutter speeds 1 second to 1/125 and Bulb
    X sync
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0837.JPG   DSCF0836.JPG   DSCF0834.JPG  
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've re-thought this one out. Reducing the price to $75 plus shipping. I spent more for it but maybe you'll like the new price better
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Way View Post
    Now this lens is not normal looking. It doesn't have an inner ring on the front.

150 mm f5.6 - f45 Copal shutter speeds 1 second to 1/125 and Bulb X sync
    Actually it's the normal 150mm f5.6 Xenar, (Xenar PDF) they are all like that, it's just less common in the Wista shutter. This is the best of all the Xenars Schneider made, it's very small and light and also sharper than the earlier f4.5 and f4.7 versions.

At that price it's a steal.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 11-16-2012 at 05:02 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh that's good to know information Ian. Sure answers that question for me! Now I wonder why it's the first one I've seen. Anyway, note to everyone, I'm still selling the lens. And actually I came to this listing to report that this morning inspecting the lens at much greater detail I see that there's some tiny amount of coating coming off the front element to the point that it looks like oil on water reflecting light, you know, swirly colorful. The only deal is it's like half of the front element. I didn't notice it before because I looked through this lens with that filter screwed on and you can't tell looking through the lens at all. So $75 might be more closer to it's value if you're picky about coating. It is a brilliantly sharp lens though. I'd keep it if I shot my Crown more often than I do as there might be a day when 135mm or 210mm doesn't quite do the trick for me, but that day would be like maybe 100 years from now? Thus why I'm selling it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice little lens. Too bad about the coating but it probably won't have any perceptible effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This would be an excellent single lens for use on a Speed/Crown Graphic. It's a good focal length for 4x5 and useful in many situations.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Still available at $75

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about $65 plus shipping flat rate Priority small box. Make it $77 shipped to USA

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin