Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,240   Online: 1005

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

4x5 Pinhole Camera

This was my first pinhole camera. I bought it from the maker who sells them occasionally on eBay. I forget what he asked for them. Whatever the price was, it was too much. The reason why I say that is because the pinhole was made out of a really thick piece of brass. I brought that to his attention and he made it sound like he was really really on top of the highest quality etc. Let me assure you nothing could be further from the truth. I am including the hockey puck brass pinhole, you can see it in the photos there. That thick slab of brass will surely cause a myriad of light reflections.. light bouncing all around inside the tunnel that the pinhole becomes. Believe me it is very frustrating to spend your time taking backlit photos in a forest to then develop them and find they were useless, all of them because of that hockey puck pinhole. So, I ripped that guy out and slapped in its place a trusty piece of 120 film backing that I also took a pin and poked a pinhole in. Now we're talking baby! A huge huge improvement. I think it's a little darker than the original so the f number I wrote on that paper is probably off. When you're dealing with pinhole you can be off by a minute or two in some cases and no big deal so.. anyway.. I don't need this camera, I think it's a piece of shit frankly. But it sure looks nice. You won't be able to use the film holders you use on this camera ever again on a normal 4x5 what with those wingnut holders he made, hahaha. I mean this thing looks okay but it's functionally retarded. Having said that, it takes absolutely wonderful photographs if you learn to use it for its strong points. Put the hocky puck slab of a pinhole back on and purposefully use it to make whacky reflected images. Some people are into that kind of thing. Me personally, I'm not. I like to use my Zero Image 4x5 Deluxe which is a heck of a camera, and there is no comparison.

So, what do you say, let's set the price on this camera to be $25 plus shipping?

If you think that's not a great deal, but you're interested, please make an offer. I'll listen to anything on this one and some others I'm putting up tonight.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0841.JPG   DSCF0842.JPG  
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    35mm
    PM SENT!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Still available!
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PM sent
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SOLD!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin