Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,481   Online: 877

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Voigtlander Avus 9x12 with three film holders

This is a mixed lot. It looks like the viewfinder/ground glass is from an Agfa. The film holders are Kodak's, but the camera is a Voigtlander Avus in 9x12 format.

It takes very lovely photographs however I am not a fan of 9x12 format because I don't have a negative holder for my enlarger. I do however happen to have the 9x12 inserts for the Jobo spiral tank system and I will include all 4 of them in this listing if you have a Jobo system and want them. No extra charge.

Like most old cameras this one could benefit greatly from a CLR. It's not a shelf queen at all but the optics are good, functionally it's operational and there's no light leaks that I know of now. One of the film holders had a bad light leak but I think I fixed that.

I know some people who would buy this listing just to get their hands on the film holders. Therefore I'm putting this price up a little expecting that the film holders really create an extra value. I'm asking $100 (plus shipping) for this camera and film holders. If you think that's not a great price but you're interested in the camera, please make an offer! Offers will be considered!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0852.JPG   DSCF0850.JPG   DSCF0851.JPG   DSCF0853.JPG  
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Still available.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just so everyone knows, the lens is worth what he's asking. It should cover 4x5 straight on.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Those Kodak holders are about the best ones going in 9x12, too. They don't need film inserts; they have a spring-loaded pressure plate that auto-adjusts for sheet film or plates.

Also, the shutter is removable as a unit, so reusing the lens on another camera should be easy. It's the same unit that I made into a tilt-shift EOS lens using hardware-store parts.

(You know, Perry, 9x12 contact prints fit nicely in a standard 3.5x5 frame. What's an enlarger? :-)

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Those Kodak holders are about the best ones going in 9x12, too. They don't need film inserts; they have a spring-loaded pressure plate that auto-adjusts for sheet film or plates.

Also, the shutter is removable as a unit, so reusing the lens on another camera should be easy. It's the same unit that I made into a tilt-shift EOS lens using hardware-store parts.

(You know, Perry, 9x12 contact prints fit nicely in a standard 3.5x5 frame. What's an enlarger? :-)

-NT
    They make nice post card sized prints as contact prints where the photo has a nice little rounded corners, like this one (taken with this camera here in the back roads of San Luis Obispo)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4905880207_c49cd3d5bc_b.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	104.7 KB 
ID:	60024

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    still available!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Still available! Anyone?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post

-NT
    ??

think not... I think you're referring to the awesome Bergheil camera... (?)

Is the lens a Skopar? or Voigtar?

I'm interested if you want to ship to Europe...

(9x12 is my favourite format! and the rounded corners are a nice feature..)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    ??

From the pics its a 135mm skopar. Hmm those holders.....
    best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cheers from California Gandolfi,

It is the Skopar lens!

Sure, I'll ship to Europe. I've been shipping all around the world lately I'll get it boxed and then have the USPS tell me how much and get back to you with that cost. My guess is it will be around $20 to ship to western Europe. You're in Netherlands right?... <edit> ahh I see Denmark. Okay..

Perry

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin