Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,499   Online: 854

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Bronica ETRS with AE prism, 75mm f2.8 lens and speed winder

This is a Bronica ETRS with an AE prism (yes it works), a 75mm f2.8 lens and a speed winder. Now I happen to think the glass on this camera is worth shooting the camera, not the other way around. I'm not sure if there's something wrong with the camera or not but I've had some situation where the shutter didn't fire and it left me standing scratching my head. Because of that I set it down and stopped using it. But gosh darn the optics on this lens are stunning. Fully open the bokeh is just out of this world. If you want that, then maybe you should buy this camera even though I think there might be some kind of wiring or connection problem. That problem doesn't happen all the time, actually it only happened once to me. I went online though and read about other people having the same problem so I figure it's a bug of some kind. If you can deal with bugs that are CHEAPLY PRICED just to get a nice piece of glass with great bokeh, then this camera makes sense. Otherwise, I'd say take a pass on this one.

$100 plus shipping
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0867.JPG   DSCF0868.JPG   DSCF0869.JPG  
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Probably the lube in the lens mechanism that transfers the motion of the pins on the camera body to trigger the shutter and diaphragm has gotten stiff. That's what it usually is. The camera does not generate a lot of force in that direction, all from springs. The stiff lube makes it hang up. Easy to fix. Take the back off the lens and clean and regrease.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How much to ship to area code 50107 ? What form of payment will you accept ? thanks--tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello Tom, how much? I think this will fit in a large size flat rate box for Priority Mail from the USPS and I think that price is something like $16 or $20. I will accept Paypal payments and checks. Thanks for asking! Perry

Quote Originally Posted by absalom1951 View Post
    How much to ship to area code 50107 ? What form of payment will you accept ? thanks--tom
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh, good to know. Maybe I will look at that later tonight and see if I can detect any stiffness. Wow, if that was the only reason then hmmm.... man I sure do love this glass. I don't like bulky dimensions though it's a bulky camera reminds me of my RB 67 I got rid of. If I had a waist level finder and a hand crank I would keep this but I looked for 6 months for a waist level finder and they are like the price of a camera with a prism finder. Go figure! That's what happens when you have a more niche camera that is no longer made. You look for some things and they are impossible or very expensive to find. I'm still selling this camera everyone. don't worry, nothing can change my mind about the items I put up for sale I need to downsize!

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Probably the lube in the lens mechanism that transfers the motion of the pins on the camera body to trigger the shutter and diaphragm has gotten stiff. That's what it usually is. The camera does not generate a lot of force in that direction, all from springs. The stiff lube makes it hang up. Easy to fix. Take the back off the lens and clean and regrease.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Perry-- I'll take it !!! I too need to downsize, but I will keep my Bronica gearl.I have a Speed Graphic I should part with, but its hard to decide .
    Please send me the particulars for paypal. thanks--tom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is the camera still available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Waiting to hear back on payment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    I checked. It seems the body needs lubrication. That's what it seems to me. But yeah it does seem there is stiffness and I bet if someone were to send it in for a CLA they would be very happy with this camera thereafter!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SOLD and paid! Thanks for all the interest everyone!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin