Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,109   Online: 935

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Linhof Technika Model III version 5 (looks like Model IV)

Here we have a fine piece of German machinery. I love to hold this camera because it's usually freezing cold and I love holding cold things. No seriously, this is a nice camera to hold, in my opinion. Everything is so exact. I love it! I wish I had tons of lens boards for it and tons of lenses for those lens boards I don't have. Well, this may sound sacreligious to some folks out there but I'm just gonna say it and let the chips fall where they may. I bought this camera because I appreciate fine quality. Then I started using it. I'm a landscape photographer primarily. That means I do a lot of hiking usually. And that's where this camera really falls short. There's nothing like putting on a 30 pound backpack with 4 cameras and lots of film and this that and the other, but you know my Crown Graphic a lot lighter. It's bigger too but not by much. But it sure is lighter. And it's also more convenient to me because it has a rangefinder and I fixed it up real nice replacing the splitter glass inside. So I'll probably never use this Technika. Though every time I hold it I freeze my fingers to the bone, err... I mean every time I hold it I feel like I'm holding greatness.

So this is the last model III. It looks like a model IV. Do not be confused about that. It will not take a IV lens board. It takes III lens boards and they are hard to find. I'm just mentioning everything bad in this listing so that in case you want to buy it but think that Linhofs are light as a feather and me talking about it being heavy will discourage you then I did a good thing. These are not light cameras and frankly I don't see how someone can realistically use it in a field situation involving hiking.

I'm asking $400 plus shipping. If you feel that's not a great price but you're still interested, then please make me an offer! Offers will be considered!

The glass on it is a Schneider Xenar 150 f4.5 in a press shutter. The optics are very sharp.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0871.JPG   DSCF0872.JPG   DSCF0873.JPG   DSCF0874.JPG   DSCF0875.JPG  

I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sent PM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wonderful, I will get to my private messages this evening due to being too pressed for time today at work. Thanks in advance for understanding! Perry
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I carry my Tech V in a Kelty backpack and RPI cases along with 4 lenses, my meter, filters, holders, etc. Frankly, it doesn't feel any heavier than my Hasselblad, 4 lenses, meter, filters, etc. did.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    I carry my Tech V in a Kelty backpack and RPI cases along with 4 lenses, my meter, filters, holders, etc. Frankly, it doesn't feel any heavier than my Hasselblad, 4 lenses, meter, filters, etc. did.
    I heard and hear that. I had a 30 pound Mamiya RB67 kit including tripod. I have a Crown Graphic kit that's less weight and I can also carry my Zero Image 4x5 Deluxe and a box of Readyloads in the backpack whereas I couldn't carry all the RB67 lenses I had in the backpack. Anyway, I don't see the use for hauling heavy gear any more though. Not on any wilderness trips. I made some adjustments in my gear this last year and a half. I'm good with letting go of this Technika. I am trying to clean my life up down to no excess weight and in many ways that applies here. Along with my adjustments, my idea of a backpacking camera is one of my Fuji's. I have a GW690, a GA645 and an X100 digital camera. My favorite now being the X100 after using it for a month and a half. It's the best trail camera made, in my opinion. All things considered, weight and optical performance matter the most to me and the Fuji X100 has that whereas the X1 doesn't IMO due to weight. I'm a superlight to ultralight trekker. I go longer distances that way. I employ the use of sneaker-zoom. That's the kind of zoom you get when you use your sneakers to run here, there. Except in my case it's not sneakers but instead hiking boots! My style of photography favors wide angle. So I have mostly everything I want in one camera. The quality of images is outstanding and I don't see the need to have a full frame Leica M as a result. However I'm working myself into the Leica M direction ultimately because bigger is better and I could easily do that on day hikes with a few lenses no problem. That's my next camera, after I get that raise I want

Thanks for your comments. I'm sure others will appreciate the weight of the Technika as compared with some medium format cameras like the Hasselblads and Mamiya RB67's etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    johnpohl19
    Will trade you a super graphic w/ 135 schneider zenar and $100 for your Technika
    The Super Graphic is in very good shape . I also love the fuji medium format rangefinders .
    email is finnl61r@yahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello I already have a Crown Graphic Special with the same Xenar. So I would not be interested in it personally. However I know someone who wants mine and maybe he'd be interested in yours and there'd be some room for a three way trade. Have you got photos I could show my buddy? Also, since you mention Fuji Rangefinders, I would probably trade you for an excellent condition Fuji GS645 with good bellows with no light leaks.

Thanks for your interest!

Quote Originally Posted by johnpohl19 View Post
    johnpohl19
    Will trade you a super graphic w/ 135 schneider zenar and $100 for your Technika
    The Super Graphic is in very good shape . I also love the fuji medium format rangefinders .
    email is finnl61r@yahoo.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Trades I will consider:

Fuji GS645
    Fuji GS645W
    Bronica RF645
    Any Prime/Wide Leica M mount glass

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Perry, I assume that you know that a Super Graphic is different from a Crown Graphic, a Super
    has more movements without dropping the bed . It also has a revolving back. With all that said, i'll
    send pictures later in the evening, the camera's battery is charging as i write you this. Do you have
    a 150 Symmar , i could throw that in to sweeten the pot . Thanks, John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    150 Convertible? If so, that pot did in fact get sweeter! Well, I am looking forward to seeing some photos. And yes, I know about Super Graphics I had one but it was a basket case and didn't want to fix it. I sold the rotating back though which was about the only thing of real value left on it, oh, and the bellows. Now, had you said a Super Speed Graphic with a working shutter, then this deal would have already been done with a sweet pot or not!

Quote Originally Posted by johnpohl19 View Post
    Hello Perry, I assume that you know that a Super Graphic is different from a Crown Graphic, a Super
    has more movements without dropping the bed . It also has a revolving back. With all that said, i'll
    send pictures later in the evening, the camera's battery is charging as i write you this. Do you have
    a 150 Symmar , i could throw that in to sweeten the pot . Thanks, John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin