Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,659   Online: 640

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

The Best Soft Focus 4X5 Choice on Earth! Hermagis Eidoscop #4 190mm

Title says it all. It actually IS.

The Hermagis Eidoscop is the same lens formula as the legendary Pinkham & Smith Series IV, and the Busch Nicola Perscheid.

It gives a gorgeous glowing 'almost sharp' portrait. Different than the Kodak Portrait meniscus, it is sharper and much more subtle in it's softness. Classic.

I have 2, and I'm keepin' the earlier prettier one :~')) even though it's f5 and this one is f4.5 These are scarce in this size. The bigger ones are more common. Pinkham didn't make the smaller sizes. Hermagis even made some 150mm version of this lens.

I've often said if someone pointed a gun and said pick one lens that you're going to keep and get rid of all the rest, it would probably be an Eidoscop. They just never let you down. Beautiful glass in this lens. I don't have the flange. Last one on Dan Colucci's list got over $1000

965.00 U pay 2 ship please.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    An Eidoscop is an Eidoscop is an Eidoscop.

Just noticed this one isn't Hermagis. It's the later version after Berthiot swallowed up Hermagis.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin