Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,660   Online: 736

Shooter
    Multi Format

Horizont -- The Magnificent! Soviet-era all metal 35mm swing lens pano with case

Live from the USSR!
    Horizont 35mm Swing Lens Pano Camera with case, finder and holder
    $175 or best reasonable offer

Beautiful specimen of this classic swing lens panoramic camera. Takes regular 35mm film to give a 24 x 58mm image. Very interesting effects can be had by tilting the camera one way or another.

28mm f/2.8 lens is clean and clear, swings smoothly at all speeds. Stops down to f/16. Speeds are 1/30, 1/60, 1/125 and 1/250. Has a plastic handle that screws into tripod socket in case you wish to hand-hold it. Finder is included; bubble level works and glass is clean and clear. Original leather case shows some wear but does its job well; the strap is even still reliable.

This is just about the cleanest specimen of one of these that I've seen, and is well worth it at my asking price; the newer models are more expensive and have more plastic than this all-metal camera. Serial number puts manufacture date at 1967.

Kit weighs about 2 pounds 13 ounces, so figure 4 pounds shipping weight from Zip Code 90027. Buyer pays shipping -- USPS or UPS in CONUS, USPS all other countries. Please use PayPal.

If you would like to see references, you can check my eBay feedback, user ID pacviewcam, which is presently at 597 positive with never a negative or neutral.

Please note: I ship as soon as PayPal payments clear to my bank account, which can take 3-4 business days. I'll email you as soon as I've shipped, with any available tracking information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Horizont-1.jpg   Horizont-2.jpg   Horizont-3.jpg   Horizont-4.jpg   Horizont-5.jpg  

Horizont-6.jpg   Horizont-7.jpg   Horizont-8.jpg   Horizont-9.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    SOLD -- PayPal pending

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What a great find! Fascinating camera, speaking as a (former, sadly) Widelux owner...good deal, too.
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, that's "Gorizont". There is no "h" in the Russian alphabet. And the first letter is like the Greek gamma. All that worthless trivia aside, I have a Horizon, the sort of European or American version, and I love it! Great sharp lens, fun to use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, coolio. I barely had the time to start digesting that thing and read "SOLD"
    Not surprising.
    Congrats to the new owner on a cool addition!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin