Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,911   Posts: 1,584,680   Online: 780

Shooter
    Multi Format

FS Arkay 1100 RC Print Dryer

FS Arkay 1100 RC Print Dryer. Good working and cosmetic condition. $50 plus shipping.

1. The front drip tray and the rear receiving rack are missing. Not a big deal. I used a Rubbermaid container (don't tell my wife) to catch the water and a cardboard box top to catch the dried prints.
    2. There is a dent in the top (see photos 1 & 4).
    3. The top squeegee roller has a couple of shallow perpendicular cuts (see photo 2). At first I thought they were cracks, but the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced someone cut it.
    4. Behind the front rollers is a roller with a cloth cover. It has a very small hole in it near the right edge. I couldn't get a picture of it, but it is small.
    5. Some of the paint has eroded from water dripping down (see photo 3). The underlying metal is not compromised and a little touch up paint will fix it.

None of these issues affect the dryer's ability to dry RC prints effectively and efficiently. The temperature and speed controls work well. A small change in either control and you can see the difference. This allows you to set the controls for the humidity level in the room. I ran 25 11x14 prints through it in less than 10 minutes using temp 7 and speed 6. The prints came out of the water bath and directly into the dryer-no hand squeegee or dripping first-and they came out dry and flat. There were a couple of the feet missing/broken, so I replaced all six. Instruction booklet is included.

I got it as part of a darkroom equipment package. It was advertised as the 2100 model, but turned out to be the 1100 model, which is too small for my needs.

Shipping will be costly, so I'm selling it at far less than it is worth. Shipping weight is 52 lbs (or less. My scale says less). Shipping dimensions are L=20", W=20", H=16". I can ship from Canada (use Postal Code R7B 0Y8) or the US (use Zip Code 58329--Dunseith, ND). If you chose the US option, please add $30 for gas. I live about 1.5 hours north of Dunseith. Most carriers are in play: Canada Post, USPS, UPS, FedEx. Although it is big and heavy, it qualifies as a "package," and not "freight."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dryer1.JPG   Dryer3.JPG   Dryer4.JPG   Dryer5.JPG  
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bump
    Bob Walberg

The fix is in!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin