Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,779   Online: 1030

Shooter
    35mm

FS: Canonet GIII QL17 Black version/Japan

Canon Canonet GIII QL17 BLACK model--Made in Japan. Serial number 867481. Here is an honest Japan made Black Canonet GIII which needs some attention but not a terrific amount. The top plate is nice with average to less than average wear showing and no dents. The bottom plate has small scratches and tripod damage to the paint but no dents. I included 2 images for you of the bottom. The viewfinder is ok but needs cleaning. Rangefinder patch seems ok too. Shutter works fine at all speeds and so does the aperture. Focus is smooth. Lens is ok but not nearly as nice as the two Canonets previously offered by me for sale. I suspect the meter problem is with the photocell and I'm willing to include a known good one. Personally I had planned to get the top and bottom plates repainted and repair the meter and swap the lens elements out of either of the other Canonets I have. Black Canonets made in Japan are not easy to find and they're crazy expensive when you do find one. Don't get me wrong...this is what I would describe as a few steps above a parts camera, but I'm not known to be overly generous with praise for used cameras and another person may see it as nicer than I do. $50 plus actual cost of shipping.

PayPal ok for international buyers but cash, check or money order for domestic buyers, please.

If questions, please ask.
    Jon
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canonet black front.JPG   Canonet black back.JPG   Canonet black Japan stamp.JPG   Canonet black bottom 1.JPG   Canonet black bottom 2.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aww Geez,
    Totally an impulse here, I'll buy the thing.

To paraphrase something.

"Gol' dang the pusher man" Think it was from Easy Rider.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    How much shipping to Indonesia? Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry...this one has been sold to Mr. Koehrer.
    Jon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Man why do I always miss the cool cheap stuff?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A few steps away from a parts camera? From my chair it looks quite nice. John (with an H), how about posting a few performance shots once you get her in the mail?
    And Jon Goodman, do you have any other known good photo cells for this camera to sell? Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jeddy-3 View Post
    A few steps away from a parts camera? From my chair it looks quite nice.
    Do you think I undersold it?
    Jon

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin