Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,871   Online: 1061

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Canon FD MACROPHOTO 20mm f3.5 lens

Oooooooooooo!
    Don't see these too often. Like it says above 20/3.5 macrophoto lens, magnification at 10:1 with bellow or with additional extension up to 20:1. Preset and for use with Canon FD bellows or extension tubes.
    The bellows adapter is removable so you could adapt it to other cameras pretty easily.

Lens shows no marks or wear and the glass looks to be perfect.

$150.00 includes shipping & insurance to US by Priority Mail, International at actual rates.

I pay any Paypal fees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0304.JPG   IMG_0305.JPG   IMG_0306.JPG  
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Oooooooooooo!
    Don't see these too often. Like it says above 20/3.5 macrophoto lens, magnification at 10:1 with bellow or with additional extension up to 20:1. Preset and for use with Canon FD bellows or extension tubes.
    The bellows adapter is removable so you could adapt it to other cameras pretty easily.

Lens shows no marks or wear and the glass looks to be perfect.

$150.00 includes shipping & insurance to US by Priority Mail, International at actual rates.

I pay any Paypal fees.
    PM sent.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ~PENDING~

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Is this made by canon? I'm not buying it so much as curious I've never seen it and don't even understand you said 10:1 you mean 1:10? A 10:1 is not very useful.

And canon's high new MP-E 65mm only goes 1:5...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Is this made by canon? I'm not buying it so much as curious I've never seen it and don't even understand you said 10:1 you mean 1:10? A 10:1 is not very useful.

And canon's high new MP-E 65mm only goes 1:5...

~Stone

The Noteworthy Ones - Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1 / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic

These are extreme macros meant for use with bellows (obvious because of the absence of a focusing helicoid)....kind of like the Macro Nikkors and the Zeiss Luminars........the magnification is controlled by the bellows extension, but typically these lenses are optimized for a particular magnification. 10:1 would be difficult to use in the field of course.

Canon's MP-E 65 is a "zoom" macro.....goes from 1-5X (meaning 5:1 life-size).....supposed to be a fantastic lens. I am, however, wedded to the Nikon system and besides, I have the coveted Zeiss Luminar 63mm anyways.

Avi

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Thanks fir the info

However (mentioning the forbidden technology) in Lightroom when I want to zoom into an image I have a 1:1 option as well as 1:2 which double zooms the image, is Lightroom wrong about how to display the image ratio? Or am I remembering wrong?

Thanks.

~Stone

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    10:1 is 10X lifesize.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stone,
    What lxdude says is totally accurate. Fortunately(sometimes) I claim complete ignorance of that other thing you mentioned. :o)
    The lens is obviously pretty specialized but I've seen some very nice work done with this type lens.
    If you're curious take a look at some images on the 'net. It's an entirely different world at that level.

BTW, SOLD & on it's way.
    Last edited by John Koehrer; 12-06-2012 at 01:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Thanks John,

I've been thinking of buying the MP-E lens and have never seen anything more than 5x

I'll look it up.

~Stone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 20mm and 35mm Canon FD Macrophoto lenses can be checked out on this site. They are designed to be used with a bellows unit and I have found the need a lot of light for focusing.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography.../2035macro.htm

Combined with the Canon FD-EOS Macro Lens Mount Converter they can be used with the Canon EOS line of cameras.

They open up a whole new world of macrophotography compared to the normal macro lenses.

Gord

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin